New from NOVA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I don't quite have my Tahoe yet, but the first hurdle was jumped. Wife's permission.

First car was a truck, 1993 3/4 4x4 extend cab, towing package, borla headers and flow master exhaust. I lost the Polaroid. It was big blue and fun.

I then went to Subarus for about 6 years. My 2004 STi was lowered, big turbo, methanol injection, crazy boost setup, wideband in car, big intercooler etc. It dynoed at about 400/400 WHP/WTQ. It was reliable and went like crazy. I miss that damned car. The best part was that it looked entirely stock with stock looking exhaust as well.
sVOrxWT.jpg

Then I bought a 2010 Lexus ISF since I wanted to be a grown up. Comes with torsen diff, 420 V8 and can pull a high 12.3 in the 1/4 stock. Its comfortable and fast. I've only slapped some mufflers on to better hear the V8 and it screams. No more plans to mod since I need a daily car. Ok, perhaps headers since thats a 40+WHp gain (no joke).
vX6wvja.png

Added STi badge to confuse at meets:
nqQL8Ww.jpg

I also used to tune cars. By schooling & trade I'm a ME/CS dude and work as a CTO now. I went as far as to write my own tuning software to modify various ROMs and also log via ODB2.
K5zabdf.png

I joined because I wanted a cheaper platform that was conducive to tuning. The Lexus can't be tuned and is retarded expensive to get parts for. I also want a 4x4 for the winter months. My snow tires and sand only do so much.

I'm dreaming of:

- ~2005 Tahoe 5.3 liter, under $10k, well under
- 4l80e swap
- AWD setup... which I know little of other than diff and transfer case work
- disc brakes all around
- suspension drop a tad, sway bar, decent shocks
- single turbo, perhaps not too big as to need piston work. Supercharges aren't my bag baby. I like the whistle and "psshhhhhhttt"!

OP
OP
T

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forgot to update this. I got a 2002 Yukon with 140k miles for $3700. Not the 2005 I was hoping for, but a good deal is hard to pass up.

There is plenty to be repaired but thats ok.

ecahq2P.jpg

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nice whips. Congrats on the purchase!

OP
OP
T

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks jus like my Yukon
Bad ass STi...should've kept that

The STi was fun and fast for sure. The down side was that it was loud, hot and full of rattles. Plus I had an exhaust leak I couldn't fix when hitting max PSI.

My ISF is a much easier car to live with.

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

nice whips. Congrats on the purchase!

Thanks! I think I got a pretty good deal.

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 AM ----------

Nice to see a turbo setup on one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its down the road but will happen. I have a ton to fix first. It needs to stop, turn and be able to handle higher HP before I slap a turbo on!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52