New guy from Jacksonville

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Taco33

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all, name is Drew and I'm looking to get some great info on my 07 Yukon SLT. Just bought the wife a new SUV so I got the hand me down.

I was looking for some info on CAI's (had a Volant in a 05 Titan and loved it), headers, and exhaust to start. I'll go over old posts to see what's already been recommended and proven but any help or links to old posts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for having me as a new GMC owner. Good day gentlemen.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome Andrew. To answer your question:
Volant, Airaid, K&N... they are all pretty much the same IMO. Paired with a BlackBear tune, it's well worth the money!!

OP
OP
T

Taco33

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks Felix, I saw the CAI results posted by Black Bear. Interseting how they are pretty much the same numbers across the board.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No prob man. Yea all the HP gains claimed by all the different manufacturers are pretty much BS. They all do the same thing. The only main difference is some are oiled and some are dry filters. Some don't have a problem with the oil ones but people have also sprayed too much oil on it causing some of the spray to get into/on the MAF sensor which could cause issues and/or throw codes. I -had- an AIRAID cai with an oil filter on my 08 Tahoe but sold that vehicle. When I get another one, I'm definitely going with a dry filter. Just a little food for thought...

OP
OP
T

Taco33

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No prob man. Yea all the HP gains claimed by all the different manufacturers are pretty much BS. They all do the same thing. The only main difference is some are oiled and some are dry filters. Some don't have a problem with the oil ones but people have also sprayed too much oil on it causing some of the spray to get into/on the MAF sensor which could cause issues and/or throw codes. I -had- an AIRAID cai with an oil filter on my 08 Tahoe but sold that vehicle. When I get another one, I'm definitely going with a dry filter. Just a little food for thought...

Thanks for the info Felix.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pjoe1320