New guy from Minnesota!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimh874

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I have been sandbagging the sight sense I picked up my Yukon xl last June. Not new to the car world and forums and modding, but new to here. I was on FS chevy before but I like the atmosphere of this sight much better.I previously had a 92 FS Blazer, but it started to get way to rusy and less and less trust worthy, also needed more room.
I decided I had enough and traded the Blazer in for a fully loaded Black 03 Youkon XL 5.3 AWD. The previous owner did a few things with it. I see it used to have the second battery mod but had been removed. It also looks like it may have had a stero system. This is the first time in a new generation truck with an LS series motor, not sure if this has a tune but it moves pretty damn good for what it is, I'll have to get a 0 to what ever vid and post it. Also has a Borla exhaust from the Y back.

It has it's flaws, the sun visor or roof cap is broken. Someone broke it hitting something and busted center bracket supports and tryed to glue them back together. The first time I drove it when it was windy is when I found it was broken whn the wind riped it back apart :( but it can be replaced. The DVD unit is gone, I need to find something to replace it. Some minor things like replacing the radio buttons and a bunch of other stuff. And for some reason the last owner removed the factory fog lights, so those need to be replaced.

I really grown to like this Yukon XL, love the sun roof! I plan on doing the 4HI mod tomorrow and I know for a fact Im not going to beable to hold back. The next mod might be swaping in e fans and then a cluster swap as I want the tranny temp in the cluster.
Im rambling on, time for pics because I know how this works!!......:hands:

DSC00680.jpg
DSC00664.jpg
DSC00678.jpg
Im not positive what went on here except maybe someone was trying to install LED's
DSC00677.jpg
DSC00676.jpg
DSC00675.jpg
DSC00674.jpg
DSC00673.jpg
DSC00672.jpg
DSC00671.jpg
DSC00670.jpg
DSC00668.jpg
DSC00667.jpg
DSC00666.jpg
DSC00717.jpg
DSC00718.jpg

I washed the truck the other day and this wasnt there. The GF has been driving her son/my step son to school in the moring and taking the truck to work because she killed her van with a deer just before christmas. I think this come from her son thismorning :emotions122: but its not to deep so I hope it comes out with just rubbing compund.
DSC00716.jpg

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

Im also interested in how many of these trucks where built on an AWD vs 4x4 platform. I know the Denali's where AWD but this new to me so just curious.

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome. This site is full of some things that may help you get everything back in good shape. And let the modding begin.

Sent from my BlackBerry 8530 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pnut