New here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ABN45

ABN45

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome from Kansas!

Nice ride… watch out… you start with 33s, then you want 35s, then 37s…! I am currently at 37s and it is fun to pull up next to Hummers with a height advantage!

This forum is great and the members are a fantastic source of knowledge. Good luck with your project.
Ya in my 2015 2500hd I've pulled up to Hummers and fun to look down on them,haha. Know how you feel.
I'm running bout 8.5inches of lift on 20's with 37's.

OP
OP
ABN45

ABN45

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Running about 8 inches of lift and putting in new rear end with 4.56s (front and back) and HD axles this week.
Before…View attachment 437569
After…
View attachment 437570
Much more fun now!
Questions: What are you going to do with it? 4.56 gears? HD axles meaning front and rear? What about the axle housings? That really depends on what you are going to do with it.

Raptor Tahoe

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude that truck just screams expensive and whipping ass, I like it.
Is that a custom hood?
What are you runnin for a lift?
Thanks! It’s an old 07 Tahoe LTZ that was beaten up by hail and has 225K miles. Decided to bring it back to life one step at a time. I went with an Amerihood fiberglass cowl/ram air hood because old hood had too much hail and paint issues. Great strong hood. Painted everything with Raptor paint ordered on Amazon and came with spray gun. Many things were made for other trucks.

Funny that you asked about the lift… I “paid for” a Fabtech lift and later found out that the 4WD store in KC actually installed a Rough Country 8”. Not happy! They went out of business, so no recourse. RC seems to ride well and does the job for now.

I love the Raptor paint and it was easy to apply… virtually hail proof now!

Raptor Tahoe

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Questions: What are you going to do with it? 4.56 gears? HD axles meaning front and rear? What about the axle housings? That really depends on what you are going to do with it.
Went 4.56s to compensate for the 37” tires. Stayed with standard Chevy housing with HD shafts in the back (longevity).

I mainly use it on our farm and occasionally pull some stranded motorists out of ditches… actually pulled a semi tractor out of the mud recently!

This is my “Old Man” project… safer than a Harley or muscle car (did those when I was younger!)… and a ton of fun! My wife, kids, and grandkids like it too!

I’ll never get too old to keep working on this truck. Any ideas or suggestions are always appreciated.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ABN45

ABN45

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks! It’s an old 07 Tahoe LTZ that was beaten up by hail and has 225K miles. Decided to bring it back to life one step at a time. I went with an Amerihood fiberglass cowl/ram air hood because old hood had too much hail and paint issues. Great strong hood. Painted everything with Raptor paint ordered on Amazon and came with spray gun. Many things were made for other trucks.

Funny that you asked about the lift… I “paid for” a Fabtech lift and later found out that the 4WD store in KC actually installed a Rough Country 8”. Not happy! They went out of business, so no recourse. RC seems to ride well and does the job for now.

I love the Raptor paint and it was easy to apply… virtually hail proof now!
Besides painting the hood, was there any work done to the hood to get it to line up right?
Def want to get a hood for my Yukon if it's am easy swap out.

Raptor Tahoe

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Besides painting the hood, was there any work done to the hood to get it to line up right?
Def want to get a hood for my Yukon if it's am easy swap out.
Incredibly easy swap, Amerihood reinforces their hoods, has a mount for the factory piston and hinge mounts, and even ran integrated ducts from the ram air intakes to the air box. I did add hood pins because I never trust hood catches in high winds… and I have driven through some 100mph gust headwinds. I love the hood and it definitely provides cool intake air and pulls engine heat out through the cowl vents. It comes in white gel coat and fit was amazing!

OP
OP
ABN45

ABN45

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Incredibly easy swap, Amerihood reinforces their hoods, has a mount for the factory piston and hinge mounts, and even ran integrated ducts from the ram air intakes to the air box. I did add hood pins because I never trust hood catches in high winds… and I have driven through some 100mph gust headwinds. I love the hood and it definitely provides cool intake air and pulls engine heat out through the cowl vents. It comes in white gel coat and fit was amazing!
Might have to look into one at some point then.
And rough country's lift aren't bad at all. I got a free 7.5 inch lift from my buddies shop and the angles on my Silverado are dam near stock, the ride isn't to bad either. There mid level kits and by what I've seen over the years there quality has definitely gone way up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustin Road