New member and new to me '09 z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lancaster

Reaction score
As an intro I have had euro sports sedans for the past several years. I am purchasing an 09 z71 with 66k on it on Tuesday. I am in sales and put 25-35k per year on my cars. This will be my first chevy and have lots of questions I am hoping you all can help with:

1) is the 100 k service interval for plugs and fluids generally accepted or is there a more commonly held belief from enthusiasts like you? i have never left trans fluid in for 100 k

2) since the 5.3 is a normally aspirated pushrod with low compression, I am thinking high quality Dino would be fine for. 7.5 k OCI. Is this a good assumption? Seems like synth would be a waste. I could see going with mobil1 oil and filter for 10k too. Uncertain at the moment. I used rotella synth for all my tractors, and various yard equipment. Would love to keep everything on one 5w - 30

3) I have never used ac Delco filters. are they any good? What is a step up? Sounds like Fram is junk but again I have no experience here.

4) what quality trans and diff fluids are commonly used? I am expecting to replace every fluid and filter. It has been dealer maintained since new with every service record - just want to do the doffs and trans for peace of mind.

5)I am a DIYer and am looking for a good parts supplier for brakes, suspension components etc. any recommendations?

TIA - looking forward to being an active member of my new favorite forum

guy from norcal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well for me i changed tranny and dif fluid at 50k because it's cheap to do and sure can't hurt it. plugs also changed at 60k. my buddy has his own repair shop and says it's better to change plugs befor 100k due to they can be hell getting them out when they have been in there for 100k.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salty Crusty