New Member GMT800 2000 Yukon XL SLE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonSuta

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys,
last year I got my grandparents Yukon XL, which they bought new in 2000. Since then I drove the truck cross country multiple times and she is running great. A really awesome truck.
I am currently studying in Germany so I can really only work on the truck while I am visiting my grandma.
Driving the truck for about 20,000 miles in the last 12 month helped me realize how she works and what some of her problems are.
My grandpa could do a lot of the work himself, but since he is not around anymore I have to figure it out myself.
To get some help with that I joined this forum.
In the next month I will need some help with the suspension and ABS.
Looking forward to working on the truck.

Bigburb3500

Reaction score
Hi guys,
last year I got my grandparents Yukon XL, which they bought new in 2000. Since then I drove the truck cross country multiple times and she is running great. A really awesome truck.
I am currently studying in Germany so I can really only work on the truck while I am visiting my grandma.
Driving the truck for about 20,000 miles in the last 12 month helped me realize how she works and what some of her problems are.
My grandpa could do a lot of the work himself, but since he is not around anymore I have to figure it out myself.
To get some help with that I joined this forum.
In the next month I will need some help with the suspension and ABS.
Looking forward to working on the truck.
Welcome! Do you have the AWD, selectable 4x4 or 2wd model?
I’m going to say if you have the ABS light on the dash you will most likely need a new ABS module. Takes 10 minutes to replace otherwise you can attempt to desolder several of the connection point in the motherboard but it’s a 50/50 shot if it works depending on you ability (my skills were not up to par lol)

OP
OP
YukonSuta

YukonSuta

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome! Do you have the AWD, selectable 4x4 or 2wd model?
I’m going to say if you have the ABS light on the dash you will most likely need a new ABS module. Takes 10 minutes to replace otherwise you can attempt to desolder several of the connection point in the motherboard but it’s a 50/50 shot if it works depending on you ability (my skills were not up to par lol)
Hey!
It's a 4WD with 4WD Auto.
Thanks for the info. I'll definitely look into it.

Bigburb3500

Reaction score
Hey!
It's a 4WD with 4WD Auto.
Thanks for the info. I'll definitely look into it.
I think the brake controller is a little different than the non-auto 4wd vehicles. Just be sure to get the right one but I think I picked up a used unit when I had a truck like yours for $50 or something. New ones are still available but I think are closer to $200 (don’t quote me).
Great trucks tho!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicolegmc