New member, new owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

comerz1

Reaction score
Hey Guys, just purchased a NBS Yukon Denali XL. Own an OBS EC truck. Wish the denali was black but that is it's only downfall. Hoping I did ok on the purchase. One owner, 2005, 145k on the clock, loaded out with every option including NAV, but has 17" wheels. Paid less than 9k. Middle aged lady owned it, the only wear/tear present is in the driver's zone, knobs, driver's seat, etc. Typical center console paint peeling, otherwise clean as a pen. Can't wait to start modding the crap out of it. Will be the wife's DD but she is game for making it look slick. :patriot:

OP
OP
comerz1

comerz1

Reaction score
Ok Ladies and Gentlemen. Finally picked up the new ride last night. Have a lot of questions. I'll start with a simple one:

Where do I find the interior code? I have the Denali grey interior, but would like the code, JIC.

On the Suspension, the compressor runs more than I think it probably should, and the ride/drive is terribly soft on this thing. I have read and saved threads on replacing the suspension with what's on it, and converting away from that stuff. How do I determine exactly what I have? I found level sensors at all four corners, but I don't see any electrical connections at the shocks themselves. I have my lift tied up at the moment, so once I can get it in the air I will be able to tell more.

The speedometer started acting up on the way home with her, was slowing down and it was showing increasing speed, when stopped it was stuck at 20mph. Corrected itself over night but I have read this is most likely a stepper motor. I am comfortable doing the swap myself, just wondered if any of you guys had bought the ones off of e-bay and what your experience was with them. I like my projects to be a "once and done" type of situation.

Could someone source me a link to a thread that spells out the LED's needed for the interior switch lights? Found all of the others (I think) but need the switch ones, as I would want to do all of these at one time.

Are the mirrors heated? Or was that an option? I noticed on the way home from the shop tonight the rear view and the drivers mirror darkening, but the passenger mirror didn't appear to be darkening. Is it supposed to? Do I have an issue?

I need to replace the wireless headphones for the DVD system, can you guys link me to a source on these or tell me how to ensure I am purchasing the correct things?

I'm sure I will have many more questions and will try to post future questions in corresponding forum headings, but thought this would be the best way to get my initial questions answered.

Thanks everyone!

IMG_2479.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2483.jpg

IMG_2481.jpg

Last edited:

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice truck, CONGRATS.

As I do not have the Auto Ride feature, I will not be able to provide a lot of help there, but I can tell you that the mirrors are heated.

dropmech

Puddle Pirate
Reaction score
Look inside your glovebox. There should be a sticker on the inside of the door with all the codes you need.

Sent from your sister's room.

oh1yukonslt

Wikitsikone
Reaction score
Nice looking rig you got there. Gotta love the heated mirrors in the cold and snow. I just got a Yukon XL myself and found out the PO took out the autoride and added different shocks. Still a comfortable ride.

OP
OP
comerz1

comerz1

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the feedback. I haven't even touched this rig yet, hoping to at least get the inside detailed over the weekend. We are expecting winter weather so no sense messing with the exterior yet.

On the heated mirrors, is there a button, are they just always warm, or is it automatic? I didn't see the little defrost symbol I have seen on some of the heated mirrors out there.

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the feedback. I haven't even touched this rig yet, hoping to at least get the inside detailed over the weekend. We are expecting winter weather so no sense messing with the exterior yet.

On the heated mirrors, is there a button, are they just always warm, or is it automatic? I didn't see the little defrost symbol I have seen on some of the heated mirrors out there.

Mine does not have the defrost symbol and they heat up together with the rear window defrost. Once you push the button for the rear defrost, the exterior mirrors heat up as well.

Your manual should describe all this in detail.

oh1yukonslt

Wikitsikone
Reaction score

Good deal. Yeah im waiting to detail mine once all the snow is gone. So I don't track road salt and grime into a fresh detail. A friend of mine said the heated mirrors turn on when your rear defrost is on. Don't quote me on that. Maybe someone will chime in and have more accurate info. But once I turn my heat on and rear defrost the snow and ice will melt away from the mirrors.