New Member seaking advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wishmasstir

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi All, This is my first post here so go easy on me! I owned a 99 2 door tahoe for 5 years and went to a buick rainier which I currently have. I'd like to get back to a fullsize suv and I might go look at this one this week/weekend. I know that the interior isn't looking up to par but thats why i'm posting here to see what everyone thinks before I waste my time.

http://www.griffithautosales.com/2003_GMC_Yukon XL_146182869.veh

If your looking for a similar vehicle, please don't make the trip and steal this one from me just yet ...

ianb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That's pretty reasonable for a Denali xl with that many miles. Replace some interior pieces for a couple hundred bucks and you're good to go.

Biggmann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X2^^ just make sure u test drive it and if that pass, GO FOR IT!

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do your research on it and test drive it. Make sure the trans shifts well. The interior you can paint or replace. Looks nice.

OP
OP
W

wishmasstir

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
what are the common things that go wrong that I should look for on this model? they just replaced the air shocks in the rear

electro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that is great looking truck for sure!

Check transmission dip stick and inspect colour of fluid, nice red colour, not brown and burning is important. Check all the fluids while your at it. Coolant colour, no rusty flakes.

Test the four wheel drive out.

Go underneath, look at body.

Take it to a trusty mechanic if you want.

Give the driveshafts a wiggle for play in the joints and where they come out of the transfer case. Not many miles, but could've been driven hard.

Loooks super nice though. Same seating as my truck, can't go wrong with that lay out.

Going to tow? Plug in harness tester or get a meter and check voltages on trailer wiring.

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mileage is good, truck looks clean, price is right. The 6.0 is less prone to piston slap than the 5.3, so just make sure there aren't any funky noises. Check the trans fluid and oil, try to see if they have any maintenance records. If they just replaced the air shocks, that's a chunk of $$$ that you're saving. Don't worry much about the trim. Replace it or paint it.

At that mileage, check the basics and if she runs, scoop her up. Offer 11k and I bet they'll take it.

DeepSeaFish

Reaction score
New rear shocks save alot of $$. What's the condition of the compressor for the air ride suspension if equipped? I purchased my 06 with 90 k on it back in Feb. and it was super clean, but the compressor went out 2 weeks after I got it. Luckily the dealer had a 30 day warranty on it and they repalced it at no charge. The milage is low for that year but I'd say a lady who used alot of hand lotion was the previous owner with all wear on the buttons...lol. But the rest of the interior wear is nothing out of the ordinary. Invest in some good leather conditioner to keep those seats from cracking or spliting. If the tranny doesn't slip and the fluid is clean and it runs great, offer 11 for it. Let us know how it goes. Best of luck.