New Nav Unit Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

woolbrig

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all,

New member here. I just got a 2010 Yukon SLT last week and shortly there after found this site. Tons of great information!

I'm going to install a new Head Unit and I want to make sure I have all the pieces I need. It's been a while since I've installed a radio, and not one quite this complex. Does the following look correct? I have a Bose system without nav and don't have Centerpoint.

Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT
PAC OS-4
PAC SWI-PSv1
Pioneer CD-IU51V
Nitro BMWX-9.3 Headrest

If I understand correctly, if I use the above I should retain my factory bluetooth, onstar, backup camera and have all steering wheels controls

Thanks for your help.
Joe

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait you got a factory back up camera without the factory nav? I had a similar set up in my Tahoe and had the pioneer avic nav screen with the PAC os4 and PAC swi-ps and retained everything but I had to get an aftermarket pioneer rear cam to get that option.

CarToons

Reaction score
I used a PAC os-4 last week, but I used the swi-rc with the z-130. The rc is same as the ps just covers more head units. The truck didn't have a factory back up camera, but retained everything else, onstar blue tooth. I don't remember there being an out put for a backup camera. Check the PAC website. Also PAC has a great app for droids and iPhones that let's you search for any vehicle what adapters are available.

The z130 is amazing. Bought 3 of them after installing the first. I couldn't believe that you could use any app for video from an iPhone. Including Netflix!

OP
OP
W

woolbrig

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the info.

So I guess I need to add the Pioneer Backup camera to my list. Were you able to mount the camera in the same place as the stock cam? or did you mount it else where?

Last edited:

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes go ahead and add it to the list. Supposedly you can add any aftermarket rear cam but I got a pioneer branded one since everything else was pioneer (I had bought the pioneer xm radio module and the pioneer msn direct module too).

Yes I mounted it in the same spot... Kind of. You can mount the camera in the same spot as the factory location but your rear tailgate/license
plate appliqué is different then the Tahoe's that come with the factory rear cam.

Yours is flush whereas the factory rear cam appliqué has the cam sitting inside. This means you have to mount the actual rear cam on TOP of it since there is no factory "hole" there.

Last edited:

ChevyFreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait you got a factory back up camera without the factory nav?

Yes, this option is available. The rear camera picture will show up on the rearview mirror instead. It's actually kind of a neat option GM did for those not wanting the factory navigation.

So I guess I need to add the Pioneer Backup camera to my list. Were you able to mount the camera in the same place as the stock cam? or did you mount it else where?

I really don't think you will need to get their camera. I would assume your current OEM backup camera picture shows up in your rearview mirror? I would think that would stay the same, even after installing your new radio. If you would rather have it show up on the head unit screen, I don't think it would be all that difficult to simply tap into the video wire, and feed it into your pioneer unit the same as you would with their own backup camera, or any backup camera for that matter. I would just keep the OEM one, and save some time and hassle.

Last edited:

CarToons

Reaction score
I'm installing a os-4 on my Yukon right now. There is an option to use the factory back-up camera. You have to change some of the wiring around but it's possible to move it to the z-130. I also assume you could leave it in the rear view if you prefer.

OP
OP
W

woolbrig

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just looked at the directirions for the OS-4.

Since I don't have a center channel, It looks like all that is necessary is to move pin 3 to 6 & pin 7 to 11. Sound right?

I guess to retain the ouput to the rearview mirror, you just leave the pins alone.

CarToons

Reaction score
If you leave it on the rear view you can leave that center/sub plug off completly. It's separate and only for that or the back up camera

Stereolab

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have a Dremel handy, you will find it a much easier install if you cut out some of the black OEM plastic to make room for the wires hanging off the back of the HU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaintMiles

Latest posts