New noise from the nali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tribalbreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so it a squeek... its only at low speed when the gas is applied... it gets faster squeek squeek fast and faster as the truck goes faster then it stops at a higher speed... sounds to fast for breaks or wheel bearings... maybe something with the axle or driveshaft? ujoints maybe? any ideas?

OP
OP
T

Tribalbreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it doesn't make a noise when i don't have my foot on the gas... so if the brake was applied no noise. but if i am just coasting it doesn't make the noise either.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Yeah I would think belts and/or pulleys would be the issue since its a squeak??

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So is the noise engine related (would it squeel if you were in neutral parked and stepped on the gas) or do you have to be moving?

OP
OP
T

Tribalbreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does not make any noise when in neutral or park... so i ruled out engine related... its hard to pin point the sound in the truck... i thought maybe u-joints so i filled the rear shaft one via the zurk fittings but the fronts don't have them...

jman901

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
check both of the U-joints, mine made the same exact noise when the front one started to go

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
weeda3068