New owner 07 Yukon SLE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrandonH13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We were looking for the older body style, but came across a 07 SLE with 141K miles on it for $13995. Went to test drive it and it was so clean. The cloth is like new and there isn't a crash or dent or anything on the outside.
Check engine light was on, but they said they read it and it was the gas cap. Went ahead and bought it and will take it to oreilly to get it read since it popped back on again after we filled it up. Its the silver color and my wife is in love.

I want to put a muffler on it, but she is telling me no. Is there any little things I can do to help with mpg or power?

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! you could get a cold air intake and tune it. That's what I did and it gave me a little more power.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just remove the rear resonator (the muffler looking thing behind the rear end) and you'll like the sound

Rosko

Reaction score
Congrats. I just went from the "old" body style 2004 to the 2007, I like them quite a bit more, much more solid feeling and a lot better crash test ratings...if you care about that sorta thing :).

OP
OP
B

BrandonH13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done HID headlights in them? I didn't know if they are auto and also drl if you had to do anything different to get HID's

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
B

BrandonH13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also it just came with 1 key sadly. Can I just get another key and then 2 key fobs off ebay? I see almost all the key fobs have remote start and then the power liftgate and also the lift glass.....what would I need key fob wise, anyone have a picture I could see?

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
key is generic with no transponder, so anywhere would work. As for the fob, it's easy to program. Although I don't know how to tell if yours came with one. I would go to the dealer and ask how much a fob is and see if you can somehow get the part number to match your vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968