New Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bs951

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Picking up a 2004 Yukon SLT today. I have been looking for a low mileage Yukon for awhile and finally found one. One owner with all records. 68k miles. Two sets of rims and tires ( summer and winter). 5.3L. Stock, no mods.

Anything I should be aware of regarding common problems? Thanks.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brad,

Welcome to the site, those with low miles are getting harder to find. The only manin draw back in these are the 4L60e trannies...

OP
OP
B

Bs951

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks. I paid $15500. Everything works great. Recent tune and belts. Brakes have about 3k on them. Fresh oil. Will need trans fluid changed/flush and new front summer tires next year.

phillydog07

Reaction score
Thanks. I paid $15500. Everything works great. Recent tune and belts. Brakes have about 3k on them. Fresh oil. Will need trans fluid changed/flush and new front summer tires next year.

Sounds like a good price for the miles, not to mention the service records. It's always nice to know how well the truck has been cared for.

mharders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two years ago I bought my 03 Denali with 54K with service records since birth. It now has 88K and zero problems so far except for the stupid driver side heated seat. My recommendation when buying any used car is change all fluids and do a regular tune up even if it said it was done already....you never know. Congrats on the new ride. Oh yea another down side is all the money you're about to spend on mods ;)

2005yukonxl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
only thing i know of thats a common problem is the intermediate shaft..do some google'ing and you'll see what i mean.

our 05 yukon XL had almost that amount of miles on it, service records since new- all done at the dealer we bought from so its all in their computers. we got it with new set of tires and brakes and alignment and all fluids changed, certified with extended warranty for 16 and some change. so i think we did ok too.

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like Tracy said, trans, make sure it is shifting smoothly. When I was shopping for my tahoe I saw a lot of them with rebuilt trannies. Not sure if it was because the previous owners did a lot of towing or what but I've heard these transmissions go out sometimes. Nice find on one with such low miles. Good luck.

Last edited: