New stereo for the 02.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mudfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered an Alpine UTE-52BT for the Tahoe. I was under the impression that I would need the steering wheel control adapter as I have OnStar. My Tahoe does not have Bose, it does have the factory subwoofer and it has OnStar.

During checkout it stated I simply need to splice a wire to the factory amp. I plan on using the factory amp for now but that will change. Once I go to an aftermarket amp and new speakers will I need the steering wheel module then? I do not have any intentions on using OnStar but I'm pretty sure it still controls the chimes, etc.

danniboi

Reaction score
steering wheel controls are for just that, the buttons on the steering wheel, I am assuming that you don't have any. The adapter is for keeping your on star and chimes working with an aftermarket unit.

OP
OP
Mudfrog

Mudfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
steering wheel controls are for just that, the buttons on the steering wheel, I am assuming that you don't have any. The adapter is for keeping your on star and chimes working with an aftermarket unit.

Right, I do not have steering wheel controls but that is what it's called. So the device is only needed in my case when I decide to bypass the factory amp, correct?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus