New Tahoe Owner here.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AkursedX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm new here to the boards. I just recently picked up my 2006 Tahoe.

I bought this from a Michigan State Surplus auction last week. It's a 2006 4x2 Tahoe. It has 120k miles and is a former K9 unit.

I bought this mainly as a long-trip vehicle. I have a baby on the way and both my wife and I are from out of town and we like to travel with our dog, so this was the perfect vehicle.

The Z56-police package has a lot of nice upgrades to it (dual batteries, 160amp alt, oil tranny and power steering coolers, etc) and I have been very happy with it so far.

I am a pretty big automotive enthusiast and usually mod my cars, but I don't have a lot planned for this. All the fluids need to be changed and I am doing the brakes and rotors tomorrow. I also have to do new plugs and wires. I had to replace the a/c tensioner pulley as well. I have a spare cd player that I'll throw in. I also have HPTuners and I plan on doing some slight changes to both the engine and transmission tuning. I also have to do a full detail to the interior and finish polishing out all of the panels. There's a lot of scratches and sticker residue.

Anyways, here's a few pics:

IMG_0466.jpg

IMG_0470.jpg

IMG_0469.jpg

IMG_0468.jpg

IMG_0467.jpg

The other cars that you can see in the background are my other cars. I have a 2007 GTI Fahrenheit edtion (the orange car). this car is my usual daily driver. This car has some slight mods: wheels, tint, lowring springs, software upgrade, and intake.

The red car in the garage is my fun car. It's a 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT that's been heavily modded. I have a 3800 series-II motor in it with a custom turbo setup. I have no dyno sheets, but my best et in the 1/4 mile is an 11.65 and my best trap speed is 120.67, so needless to say, it's a little quick. And it's not that light (3100lbs with me in it). It also has a variety of suspension, brake and interior mods. I have tuned this car with HPTuners as well.

Well that's about it, I hope I will be able contribute something positive to this forum.

Effeckt

Resident Cards Fan
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums and congrats on the new ride! My reasons for getting mine were very similar to yours (my baby is 2 months old now). We'll see how much self control with holding back the Tahoe mods after being on these forums. The more I see things I like here the more I end up wanting them! lol. :welcome:

DarkTahoe00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum! Nice find,good old MI state police looks good man! Love the German Sheppard,there my favorite Dog!

Last edited:

NJ04HOE

Supporting Member
Reaction score
:welcome:

I like the color!

You don't have any mod plans right now but give it time, with the work you've put into your other rides (which are nice by the way) i'm sure this one won't be left alone.

OP
OP
AkursedX

AkursedX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
:welcome:

I like the color!

You don't have any mod plans right now but give it time, with the work you've put into your other rides (which are nice by the way) i'm sure this one won't be left alone.

You are probably right. I have scoured the internet looking at tons of aftermarket stuff and I see more than a few things that I like.

Right now, the only 'mods' I have in-line are getting a 60/40 front seat from a regular tahoe or yukon. I got a good hook-up for junk yard parts so I won't have a problem getting them. I also am going to hook up and IPOD adapter to the aux input on the Panasonic headunit I'm going to put it.

For the time-being though, it's a matter of bringing the Tahoe up to proper maintainence specs. I'm slowly getting things done. And each thing makes the Tahoe that much more enjoyable.

Things I have left to do for maintainence:
Trans filter and fluid change
Rear-end fluid change
Coolant flush
New shocks
Plugs and wires
New exhaust manifold gaskets (I have an annoying tick coming off the right bank)
Tires

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darkmarius