new tahoe with pictures and questions ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

a.emerezian

Reaction score
Hey all
I am glad to say that finally i got my tahoe i was waiting for.
i wiated for like 5 months for the owner to sell it. And just for the record it is the only tahoe from this body style in my country.
i had some problems i need you to tell me what to do.
first look at my baby.

Image1584.jpg

Image1585.jpg

Image1586.jpg

Image1602.jpg

Image1588.jpg

Image1587.jpg

Image1595.jpg

Image1593.jpg

first thing is that the oil gauge looks like this

Image1590.jpg

and it tells me this

Image1601.jpg

i added 1 litre of oil just for backup untill i see a mechanic what do you think.
knowing that the gauge stays like this even when the car is off!!
then it told me monitor tire something i need to know how to deal with this program. Help me if there is a manual or something.
of course you saw my dd but i have a problem is that the steering wheel controls don't work although when it was installed a specific part was added to make them work.

i will be adding questions and hope you will help me.

bluekon

Reaction score
oil life means it needs a oil change tire indicator means you need air in the tires

oak510_tahoe

Urban Assault
Reaction score
As I remember it:

To reset the Oil Life: Turn key to ignition on ( 2nd click before the vehicle actually starts )
step on the gas pedal all the way down 3 times quickly.

To Set TPMS: Ignition on again, turn headlight switch from off to on 3 times and the truck should honk. Then start at the Front LEFT tire and let air out of it until the truck honks again. Then go to the Front RIGHT tire and do the same. Right Rear, then Left Rear.

Thats off the top of my head, so might be missing a couple things.

Reaction score
Nice clean looking tahoe. I dont know the answers to your questions, but mine says change engine oil everytime I turn on the yukon. Even after I just have changed the oil.

Cobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure you have enough oil in your Tahoe 1st off. If not you should not be running it. Unless you want to ruin it.

Oil reset should be done after you actually change the oil and filter. (6 quarts)
To reset the Oil Life: Turn key to ignition on ( 2nd click before the vehicle actually starts )
step on the gas pedal all the way down 3 times. Should then say oil life resetting. Wait till it goes away then turn key back to the off position. Oil life should be reset. If not try again.

Tire monitor means you have sensors in your tires that will notify you when your tire pressure is low. Check your tire pressure and make sure at recommended level. SHould be posted on your tire or on the inside of the drivers door. IF pressure is correct you may have to reset them. I don't remember that right now. DO you not have a manual in the glove box. If not get online and order you a hayes manual for your year Tahoe. What country are you from anyway?

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

a.emerezian

Reaction score
Make sure you have enough oil in your Tahoe 1st off. If not you should not be running it. Unless you want to ruin it.

Oil reset should be done after you actually change the oil and filter. (6 quarts)
step on the gas pedal all the way down 3 times. Should then say oil life resetting. Wait till it goes away then turn key back to the off position. Oil life should be reset. If not try again.

Tire monitor means you have sensors in your tires that will notify you when your tire pressure is low. Check your tire pressure and make sure at recommended level. SHould be posted on your tire or on the inside of the drivers door. IF pressure is correct you may have to reset them. I don't remember that right now. DO you not have a manual in the glove box. If not get online and order you a hayes manual for your year Tahoe. What country are you from anyway?

I am from Israel and yes i do have a manual. thank you. YOU all have been helpful of course i will be asking a lot of questions in the near future.
thx again.

Last edited:

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it's tan, reflection of roof makes it red.

Oil life is easy to reset like mentioned. If you have ample oil, you may need a new sending unit/sensor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcaphou