New Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

white7wolf

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well we got hit with a snowstorm this morning and the tahoe didn't want to stop very easily. The tires were pretty worn so I'm getting some new one's right now, a set of siped wildcat's from les schwab. I wanted 285's but they rubbed when they put them on so we went with 265's.

Has anybody gotten the Wildcat's before? They're made by Cooper I guess.

Thanks!

OP
OP
W

white7wolf

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
HHHmmm... never thought of a tread pic. We use it mainly for getting around town, I'm very happy with them though. We got dumped on with probably a foot and a half of snow last week and we never got stuck =)

OP
OP
W

white7wolf

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They said they would although I was at work at the time... I highly doubt they mounted them and tried. That's ok I'm enjoying the 265's :)

Nak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, my 285/75-16 Duratracs rub when at full left steering input. I wish there was a way to decrease the steering limit just a tad. I wonder if a 1/2" wheel spacer would rub end up with fender rub? (Right now the rub is on the suspension.) BTW, I used a hand winch to pull the front bumper forward about 1/2". You can't tell it's been done, no matter how close you look. But it did eliminate very minor rubs on the bumper. I also trimmed the air deflector a tad.

MarkD51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They look good. Tires, brakes, and safety features are IMO very important to maintain, and have in good working order.

I'd probably buy Cooper in a heartbeat before buying Goodyear, been burned too many times, and too many issues with Goodyear to ever buy any of them again in this lifetime.

GTOHOE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got stuck 1 time in my driveway but thats when we got 12''+ of snow i ordered 4 Fierce Attitudes MT's 305/70.16s i have the torsion bars cranked up and a add a leaf to the rear but them tires are Awesome! in the snow or mud and road a little hum going down the road but not enough to complain about. Snowstorm after snowstorm pushing snow with the bumper and haven't got stuck yet i even pushed it and drove down into a boat launch that didn't get snow plowed to see if i would get stuck lol drove down to the river had to make a big turn so i didn't get stuck and keep the momentum going she did start to sink going back up the hill kinda sink then bite in sink and bite but made it back out .. I will buy another set of these tires.

OP
OP
W

white7wolf

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well just thought I'd post an update in case anybody wants to know. I've had them for a year now and have not had any issues with getting stuck. About a week after my first post we had a giant snow- large enough to shut down the whole city and all of the schools (including the university) for the first time in 25 years or so. I pulled two cars out of the snow that day, tires did great! They aren't extremely loud going down the road either, I think I'll keep them around for awhile. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925