New to forum - Tuff Country Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TAHOETIM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New to the forum just bought a 1996 Tahoe 4 door. I have been looking over the forum for a couple weeks for someone with a 4" Tuff Country Lift, but can't seem to find anything on it. I like the idea of the spindle drop, any advice? I see most of you like the Rough Country Lifts. I don't need 6" lift because this will be used to tow a lot and don't want to run 35's. Looking at 4" and 285's. Any suggestions.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2wd or 4wd? If you want a 4" kit the rough country is a 4-6" kit for the 4wd trucks. Nice solid kit

OP
OP
T

TAHOETIM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry 4wd, whats a good place to get new rear springs instead of blocks. Mine are already sagging. I don't see them on rough country's site.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Deaver...custom springs.

I think procomp makes a nice set, superlift makes some also.

I would buy the Rough Country lift, it's quality.

purple 'hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look into skyjacker and tuff country for springs. For the front lift, I'd get the RCX kit myself. Good quality for the price.

Also, I like that you plan to replace your worn out springs instead of just throwing some huge lift blocks under them. Very smart!

ChrisAU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the RCX on my truck, love it. I think you could get springs from Superlift also though.

Fishintahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the RCX on my truck, love it. I think you could get springs from Superlift also though.

Hey Chris. how long have u had ur lift? Any problems with it? Do you go off roading often. im debating about getting a RCX 6" or an SAS. I dont want the SAS because it too much modifying...but i feel i might regret it

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Chris. how long have u had ur lift? Any problems with it? Do you go off roading often. im debating about getting a RCX 6" or an SAS. I dont want the SAS because it too much modifying...but i feel i might regret it

i feel the same as you. still dont know which to do yet. its more of the money not modifying thats stoping me though. myfront ned needs some love and idk if i want to spend 1000 plus who knows how much more to get it all tight again. or i could sas and leave it 2wd till i find the right t case and get all that straight. i just want it a little higher maybe all suspension no body lift and more reliable and less moving parts. not to mention the crankeed t bars dont neccesarily ride like a caddy haha

ChrisAU

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I have had no problems with the lift, but I've only had it a couple months, and no I haven't had much of a chance to do anything off road with it yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dap365

Latest posts