New to lifts, question please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cbrooks45

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am planning on doing a 2" lift on a 2006 Tahoe. I understand there are leveling kits that will level the front end by bringing it up, but when you put a 2" lift on, do they come with components to level the vehicle? Meaning, will everything just be lifted two inches and I will still have a rake to my stance of the Tahoe? Or will it provide the two inches to the rear, and parts to left the front and level it with the rear? I don't want a rake. I am thinking they do not provide the leveling and I will have to get a lift and a leveling kit.

justirv

Reaction score
I am planning on doing a 2" lift on a 2006 Tahoe. I understand there are leveling kits that will level the front end by bringing it up, but when you put a 2" lift on, do they come with components to level the vehicle? Meaning, will everything just be lifted two inches and I will still have a rake to my stance of the Tahoe? Or will it provide the two inches to the rear, and parts to left the front and level it with the rear? I don't want a rake. I am thinking they do not provide the leveling and I will have to get a lift and a leveling kit.
I put a leveling kit on my '02 Z71 4x4... it included new "keys" to increase the pre-load on the torsion bars to "lift" the front end. There is some adjustability on how far you crank them, more=higher=stiffer ride... my kit also came with 2" spacers for the rear. Mine has a considerable rake. If your intent is just looks, and not trying to clear 33's or something, you could possibly install the keys (front) and forego the rear spacers, or get thinner spacers. If you have not had the pleasure of working with springs and related forces, please do some research for your safety.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maraluco

Latest posts