New tune that is amazing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

pnap88p

Reaction score
i had the bb tune, for the past year, along with the volant air intake, corvette servo and exhaust cutout, and flowmaster 40 series, you cant always believe what you read, i didnt plan to get the tune from cow, i didnt even know about it until i got my vette. but stuff breaking is not always to blame on the tuner, why cant the people be at fault. i saw many people that have dealt with him from all over, hawaii texas new mexico, even all the way in china. i have seen way more positive than negative, being that im from westchester i had the chance to see the shop anytime i like to, so take everything as you want on our own. he retuned my tranny comp and just added in the cow booster and its deffinatelly different than whatever bb did, he even showed me the stock tune to bb tune table and it was barely a difference, as well as he was able to show me pinging in the engine from the bb tune, so to end off, im not here to bad moth anybody i just wanted to see if anyone here had heard of cow, and would be interested in the tune as a second option.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Patrick,

I was going to stay it if this thread, but I do need to point a few things out.

I do wonder what you were shown, as I can see well over 40 changes on your engine computer alone. Did he go through all 40 of those items?

I can also tell you that the "cow booster" impacts throttle pedal to throttle body correlation only. In other words, it feels snapper because you are opening the blade more, for less pedal.

As for pinging, your last log file sent showed a statistically insignificant amount of knock retard. We generally see much more on a stock tune with 87 octane than your completed tune.

Sent from an ice cream sammich.

Last edited:

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had the bb tune, for the past year, along with the volant air intake, corvette servo and exhaust cutout, and flowmaster 40 series, you cant always believe what you read, i didnt plan to get the tune from cow, i didnt even know about it until i got my vette. but stuff breaking is not always to blame on the tuner, why cant the people be at fault. i saw many people that have dealt with him from all over, hawaii texas new mexico, even all the way in china. i have seen way more positive than negative, being that im from westchester i had the chance to see the shop anytime i like to, so take everything as you want on our own. he retuned my tranny comp and just added in the cow booster and its deffinatelly different than whatever bb did, he even showed me the stock tune to bb tune table and it was barely a difference, as well as he was able to show me pinging in the engine from the bb tune, so to end off, im not here to bad moth anybody i just wanted to see if anyone here had heard of cow, and would be interested in the tune as a second option.

Trust me, anyone from Texas who goes out of state to get their corvette worked on, is likely too stupid to own a vette in the first place. There are so many places here in Dallas alone that specialize in them. If you're not here to bad "moth" anybody then why are you calling out BB for "weak" tune tables?

Do you even know how to read a tune table?

I do wonder what you were shown, as I can see well over 40 changes on your engine computer alone. Did he go through all 40 of those items?

I can also tell you that the "cow booster" impacts throttle pedal to throttle body correlation only. In other words, it feels snapper because you are opening the blade more, for less pedal.

As for pinging, your last log file sent showed a statistically insignificant amount of knock retard. We generally see much more on a stock tune with 87 octane than your completed tune.

So there you have it, push the pedal less, get more throttle. Woohoo, I had BB do that on my tune... it's as sensitive as a Maserati I had the luxury of driving.

OP
OP
P

pnap88p

Reaction score
yes are correct, i am not trying ot bad mouth them, just that i happened to be there to discuss 1 car and he wanted to check out the car i drove up in. he never said a bad word about bb, but he did show me the pinging in the engine all the way at negative 10% and the cow booster, is his own proprietary software that he made on his own, anybody can goto any tuner for their needs, i was only making it aware to the rest that they can have a second option. i do realize this is a sensitive topic to talk about but every persons opinion is their own. and i have stated mine. to finish, chuck never said anything bad about bb, we just felt there was room for some improvements.

OP
OP
P

pnap88p

Reaction score
we just finished the redo job, and have eliminated all pinging, and overall everything feels very good, smooth when being gentle with the throttle and very snappy when you want it to be, i do not know if this is because of the in car tuning and wideband sensor usage, all i do know is that to me it feels much better.

cjlaw73

Reaction score
Hey guys, fairly new Tahoe owner hear. What are you guys referring to by a "BB" tune? I am going to be talking to East Coast Supercharging in Cream Ridge, NJ about my Tahoe. The clunkiness and the sticking downshifts on the 6-spd are driving me crazy. They have done all of the work on my Vettes and they are topnotch. Made a real improvement on my buddy's Silverado.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BB is Blackbear performance. They usually tune 90% of the GM trucks on these forums. Very reputable.

Wakinvol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Justin was TOP NOTCH when he did mine in Nashville. I am going to have autocal in the near future. I want a "balls to the wall" tune to...to go along with my DD tune.