Newbie from Central Wasington

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moparbob

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My name is Robert (Bob), and I am the new owner of an '03 GMC Yukon. This rig is a 2WD, 4.8 l SLE with 44,000 one-owner miles. So far, everything on the vehicle works, and I can't find any non-stock modifications that have been made to it. The wife and I drove it on a four-hour freeway trip this week and the highway mileage reported was 19.5 mpg. This vehicle was obviously stored in a garage and has no rust on the underside. Glass is good, tires are new, and the exhaust system looks very good. I am so pleased to have found this SUV, with enough room inside and so clean. I found the factory trailer wiring plug still folded neatly into the left rear frame member, and will install a 7-pin/4-flat plug soon; it appears that the vehicle never pulled a trailer. And I found a nylon net for the rear opening which will be arriving soon. I am now waiting for warmer weather so I can get a coat of wax on it.

OP
OP
M

moparbob

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I want to thank the many members who commented on two technical problems I uncovered since purchasing the '03 Yukon. I found that the temperature aspirator/sensor above the driver was noisy, and I experienced a clicking sound from the driver's side of the dash (at an approximate frequency of once per second) - both problems a little disconcerting in such a quiet SUV. I searched this site and found helpful threads for both issues. First, the aspirator: I was able to find the GM part on Ebay for about $45, and the installation is easily accomplished by removal of the B-piller interior panel followed by removal of the hand-hold piece. Then, bend down the headliner enough to reach the aspirator and disconnect it. Result: no more whirring sound. The clicking sound was experienced by many thread responders, and is likely the A/C system's blending door trying to find the proper position. I tried the electrical reset solution outlined by one responder - and it worked! Again, I really appreciate the time all the responders put in; it really helped me find the cause and fix the problems with a minimum of effort. What a site! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968