Newbie, here. Needing guidance.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

XJ_eep

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, glad to be here! I'm hoping to find some help here as my Google searches are coming up fruitless. Long story short, I'm expanding my family to 5 and my trusty old 2004 Trailblazer (which I've had for 13 years) just isn't going to cut it.

So I'm wanting to expand into a 07-14 Suburban, Yukon XL, or Escalade ESV (maybe?). I'm far from a gearhead or a GM guy in all honesty. My Trailblazer has been rock solid and has never failed me. Standard maintenance is all it has ever required. Outside of that, I know my way around an XJ Cherokee better than I would like.

My question is, what is Z71 package equivalent for a Yukon or Escalade? I'm not necessarily hooked on the Z71 package itself, as much as I am wanting to stay away from the Autoride and Smoothride suspension packages. I've already sold myself on the 5.3 Engine as well. So I'm just looking for Loaded and Conventional Suspension.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives.

You'll get lots of different opinion here, regarding your question, but that is OK. You will be able to assimilate those perspectives here, and then come up with a decision that works best for you.

I purchased my new-to-me 07 Yukon XL Denali, with the auto-leveling suspension already removed and replaced with conventional struts and coilovers. I am extremely happy with all aspects of the truck and its ride quality. And, of course, I could not let it stay stock, and I've been adding mods over time.

Other folks will chime in.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome

The Z71 package was only on the Chevy Tahoe and Suburban....... 99% sure

Sounds like you need to look for an LT optioned Tahoe for the goodies but w/o the auto ride crap

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach!

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Welcome from N.E. FL.

Autoride is easy to get rid of if you so choose. I wouldn't miss out on a truck, that you are interested in, over the Autoride suspension.

The Auto leveling rear suspension is quite nice, actually, for when you load the backend down with kids and luggage or hook up to a trailer.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Welcome from N.E. FL.

Autoride is easy to get rid of if you so choose. I wouldn't miss out on a truck, that you are interested in, over the Autoride suspension.

The Auto leveling rear suspension is quite nice, actually, for when you load the backend down with kids and luggage or hook up to a trailer.
I was gonna say. I like mine with the auto leveling. I also do like the auto ride electronic shocks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raket007