Newbie, here. Needing guidance.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I was gonna say. I like mine with the auto leveling. I also do like the auto ride electronic shocks.

You can keep the Auto leveling and get rid of the Autoride (electronic) shocks.

I kept the Auto leveling option functional even on my 4/6 dropped Burb for just such occasions as I mentioned earlier.

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome- Z71 was an "offroad package" that was more flash than gas.

The Yukon XL has no offroad package. You don't need one other than 4wd. The z71 was on a 4wd only

The Denali has the 6.2 a MONSTER of an engine......

RTLINGR2

Reaction score
Welcome from Central Florida. I also am a family of five. I love having a suburban, it allows me to spread the kids farther apart (Nice as they get older). I think just as long as 4×4 you'll be happy. Z71 was just Chevy not GMC. I think you will have better fuel mileage with a 5.3 over a 6.0 or later 6.2. For reference you can only get a 4.8 or 5.3 in the 1/2 tons. You can get a 6.0 or 6.2 in the 1/2 ton Denali or Caddy but now you will be into all wheel drive if I'm not mistaken. The 6.0 typically is in the 2500's.

OP
OP
XJ_eep

XJ_eep

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome, guys! I pulled the trigger today on a 2014 Suburban LTZ. It's got every interior option available, no conventional suspension though. I had a couple quick questions for you guys.

What head units are you guys using (Bose and Navigation) to get Android Auto or the Apple equivalent? I was eyeballing the Kemwood 7, but wanted some feedback.

Also. What dash kits do you guys recommend? The wife isn't a fan of the faux wood grain inserts.

Lastly, I was going to have the Active Fuel Management programmed out. Is that still recommended?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kraemer875

Latest posts