Newbie needs help ordering.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mikef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am a newbie here but not new to forums.

I currently have a 2012 Yukon XL Denali but ready for an upgrade.

I have been reading on here for weeks and holding out for the 8 speed transmission. I have contacted a few local dealers and they said all ordering is on hold. They can't figure out how to order what I want. Can someone offer me some advice as to what I can tell them to help and help me get what I want.

I want the 2015i Yukon XL Denali (8 speed)
White Diamond Tricoat
Cocoa/Dark atmosphere
I want the adaptive cruise control.
Would prefer fixed steps but it sounds like I have to get powered steps in the package.
I need the 60/40 bench middle seat.
I want 20 inch chrome wheels.

I don't care about the DVD system or sunroof but will take it if it's part of the package.

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciate. Thank you.

M26 Pershing

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Mike, I too am waiting to order a 2015i Denali XL. Same as your requirements, but I require the sun roof and DVD system. Summit white, black interior. I shopped two dealers last Sat. and was told by one snake that no changes were to be made "...as these are 2015 models". I walked out and went 8 miles to another dealer. The second dealer was more honest regarding the changes and confirms that 2015i models can not be ordered until pricing is available around October 5-7. I also called GM customer relations and they concur. Very frustrating! All we can do is wait. I am going tomorrow to drive a Mercedes GL as a back up. I have to many cars and will be trading 2 for one (still leaving me with to many). My 2013 Audi and my Yukon XL. If the Mercedes wins out I will keep the Yukon I have.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Either something has changed in a week or they're lying to you or they don't know what they're talking about.

I ordered a 2015i about a week ago and it's been accepted by GM (Order event 1100 as of Monday).

There are instructions in one of the threads on here that talks through what needs to be done to order one now. I literally had to send that link to my dealer to get him to believe me that it could be done.

Good luck.

OP
OP
M

Mikef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can someone list the items in the Open Road Package and Appearance Package. Thank you.

motorwerks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2015i is the ONLY yukons that are even possible to order as of 9/4/2014. If your dealer doesn't have any allocation, he's trying to sell you his existing inventory. PM me and I can put you in touch with a dealer that will get it done. Mine is being built in less than 3 weeks.

OP
OP
M

Mikef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need a few more post before I can PM.

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

2015i is the ONLY yukons that are even possible to order as of 9/4/2014. If your dealer doesn't have any allocation, he's trying to sell you his existing inventory. PM me and I can put you in touch with a dealer that will get it done. Mine is being built in less than 3 weeks.

Neither dealer had one in stock.

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

I think they just don't know what they are doing.

gravitypad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can someone list the items in the Open Road Package and Appearance Package. Thank you.

This is from my build sheet:

(PCJ) OPEN ROAD PACKAGE includes additional 9 months of SiriusXM Radio and NavTraffic service, (CF5) power sunroof, (IO6) Audio system with navigation and (U42) rear seat DVD entertainment system ((IO6) Audio system with navigation package is standard on Denali)

(PCX) PREMIUM PACKAGE includes (UV6) Head Up Display, (BRS) power retractable assist steps and (Y66) Adaptive Cruise Control with Front Automatin Braking.

The PCX is referred to as "Appearance Package" and "Premium Package" - they are the same AFAIK.

OP
OP
M

Mikef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is from my build sheet:

(PCJ) OPEN ROAD PACKAGE includes additional 9 months of SiriusXM Radio and NavTraffic service, (CF5) power sunroof, (IO6) Audio system with navigation and (U42) rear seat DVD entertainment system ((IO6) Audio system with navigation package is standard on Denali)

(PCX) PREMIUM PACKAGE includes (UV6) Head Up Display, (BRS) power retractable assist steps and (Y66) Adaptive Cruise Control with Front Automatin Braking.

The PCX is referred to as "Appearance Package" and "Premium Package" - they are the same AFAIK.

Perfect. Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoeR4065