Newbie with Yukon XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2005yukonxl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New member here. Hopefully this place is as helpful (and entertaining) as my Tundra's forum.

Got the wife a 2005 Yukon XL yesterday. Nice clean and low miles. She always rolled her eyes when I bought more stuff for my truck but all the sudden its OK since she now has a Yukon. (She never wanted to change anything on her Mercedes or Chrysler or anything else she's had since we have been married). So far she had me tint the front windows and I stopped by the exhaust shop and fixed the previous owners mod (they put an aftermarket muffler, not loud but nice low rumble at idle and full throttle, but dumped it right after the muffler. talk about drone. and the fact when she's sitting in traffic or idling the exhaust has no place to go away from the passenger compartment). I had the shop put a tailpipe and a nice angle cut stainless tip out the right rear. She's got running boards (kids have hard time getting in) overhead DVD player, billet grille, HIDs, and who knows what else on its way.

Anyway, enough blabbing.

Just a quick question. Does anyone know if its possible to wire a non OEM DVD player's audio output into the console mounted rear audio control??

thanks and look forward to learning and being entertained.

i'll try to upload a pic in a little bit.

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome!

You should be able to do that.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome :Handshake: Throw up pics of the new purchase when you get a chance! ;)

OP
OP

2005yukonxl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
photo0978.jpg
here's the only pic i have thus far...day of delivery at the chevy dealer...

here's what she always rolled her eyes at....(she still hates the black 20s though...oh well)

100_1683.jpg
it doesnt have too much that hasnt been modified in one way or another....but now i guess it stops for a while so the focus can be on the yukon....

Last edited:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice lookin' XL! :waytogo:

OP
OP

2005yukonxl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice lookin' XL! :waytogo:

thanks! its certainly clean. we found one scratch on it thats about 1/8 inch long. dealer touched it up and I buffed it so the touch up paint only sits "in" the scratch and not on the original paint so no one can see it. really suprised how clean it was when we stumbled upon it. brand new tires too.

love your signature....as a fan of the square bodies, i have drooled over your 77. as a matter of fact, back in the mid 90s my first truck was a 1977 longbed. here's the only pic i have on the computer of it. I replaced the light blue interior with dark navy blue with new door panels and dash, carpet and bucket seats with console. motor was a 350 that was built with some goodies and of course the requisite 4 bbl gas guzzler carb. this was back in the days of 15 inch rims so it had some 15 inch chrome rims with firestone firehawk tires...true duals with glasspacks, etc. i had the racing stripes painted on to match the interior back when dodge came out with the rams with racing stripes. was cool back then haha.

77_chevy.jpg

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like em both! She needs to like black wheels though. They'd look good on the XL!

Nah! He needs some chrome rims on that thing to go with his silver paint! :deal:

J-dub

The TYF Young One
Reaction score
LOL, I'm a sucker for black or white rims. I HATED keeping chrome clean on my Silverado and Tiburon. They do look good though! :Handshake:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
motorgeek