Nitto vs. Bfgoodrich

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptorforme93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the nittos and I love them. they perform very well and I think that they look better than the bfg

OP
OP
Reaction score
Thank you guys so much. I still need help knowing if I need a lift to fit the 285/75/16 I'm looking at a skyjacker 2 1/2 inch suspension lift will that get the job done? Also will the nittos fit on the stock rim without problems. We lifted the front end up a good 2-3 inches already with the torsion bars. Any advice will be great!

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
I ran 32x11.50x15 on my 2wd in stock form. Tires were mounted on an 8" wheel.

I'm sure you can run the 285/75/16 (essentially 33x11.50x16) on your truck without a lift based the 4x4 sitting 1" taller from the factory than my rig. I've read about folks running 305/70s on factory wheels so you should be fine there as well.

TahoeTaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running 315/70's on stock rims (6" lift) so they will def. fit on your rims

OP
OP
Reaction score
What if I ran a 285/75/16 on a 6x7 rim with 4" backspacing? Would that fit better than a 6x8 with 5" backspacing. The 6x7's offset is 0 and the 6x8's are 12. What would be better?

Done Deal DR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BFG!!!!

I have some BFG M/T KM tires and they do really good in mud and sand. Still waiting till december to test them out in the snow :Big Laugh:

Not much of a fan of the nitto's after i had to pull out a f-250 fx4 with the nitto terra grapplers. :manos:

To be fair, Terra Grappler's are a mild AT. Nitto has more aggressive MT's available such as the Mud Grappler and the intermediate Trail Grappler. I'm not commenting on their performance, just saying you can't expect an AT to perform like an MT. :Handshake:

99denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly was Abstratic said. And the Nitto on a relatively light weight truck like a tahoe will last forever, i know guys who have gotten 60k miles plus out of a set.

Bad bow tie

Grizz Straight FTMFW
Reaction score
I have a set of 285/75/16 BFG A/T's on my 2 door with no lift and they fit just fine. You don't need to lift it if you are using your stock rims. I have no complaints with the BFG's. I have right around 25k on my tires and they will go for another 25k+ easy. They do well in all terrains except mud where they tend to cake up in the tread and not evaquate themselves. I would look into the new Nitto Trail Grapper as they look badass. I don't care for the Terra Grappler and I have no experience with them so I cannot comment on them.

Cranking your T-bars to the max like you said you did, will result in premature wearing out and possible warping of your front suspension parts FYI.

BlueTahoe2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nitto's FTW! I am currently running BFG's and a friend is running Nitto's. Everytime I ride in his Silvy it's night and day on the ride quality. The BFG's are just to hard, and are really hard to keep balanced.

My next tire is going to be a Nitto TG.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dap365