No over-head lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZeroCool

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I bought my 2-door the other day and tonight I noticed that when I open my door the lights under the dash come on but the over-head lights don't... So I popped the white cover and accidentally shorted the contact on the screw right next to it and the lights came on! So would that be a ground issue? I did it on the other over-head light and the same thing happened. hmm

OP
OP
ZeroCool

ZeroCool

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yessir.. They wouldn't come on when I short them would they?

LikeArock

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Make sure your domelight override button isnt pushed in if your hoe is equipped with that feature...I fell for this one before looked all over fuses and all and then found the friggin button pushed in.....That should be it cause the lower lights will work but not the dome...The push buttons on the roof should still turn on the lights....

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

They come on when you short them cause your interior lights work on a negative trigger>>>so in other words the circuit is open until the door is opened and then your door pin goes to ground....Hope this helps

OP
OP
ZeroCool

ZeroCool

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! The button is not pushed.. The over-head lights on each side of the dome light work fine when the black rectangle button next to them is pressed.. just not the large center light in the middle.. I found a very badly installed alarm under the dash today so I'll check out that mess tomorrow. BAH!

OP
OP
ZeroCool

ZeroCool

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bump.. I looked at it yesterday and still nothing! Someone installed a GETTO alarm in my hoe before I bought it so I'm thinking that could be the issue. But I tried toning the leads and it shorts them! (low-volt techy) I just don't know where to find these damned wires near the panel. I also checked the front two swiveling lights and wiring; everything looks perfect there. All I know is the only time I can get the over-head dome lights to come on is when I short them to the screw right next to it. HELP prease!

OP
OP
ZeroCool

ZeroCool

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bump? Someone's gotta have a manual or something that could help me out.....I had the alarm replaced today (viper 5901 rocks!) but still no lights!

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

Just for ***** I just checked all my door switches and they all work perfectly. I also check the over-ride button and it works too (by turning the foot-lights on and off)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rachawn213