No Parking brake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

605Jake123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The other day my parking brake stopped working. I was pressing on it and heard a snap and my foot hit the floor. Is there a cable that connects the parking brake peddle that would of snapped? If so how easy would this be to replace or fix?

Pachanga02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a cable that runs along the Driver side frame rail and at the rear wheel splits to rear passenger side. You can purchase it but not sure where, sorry I can't help any further. Good luck

Reaction score
might want to inspect the cable assy first because it comes in 2 separate assys the front cable assy is a part of the park brake assy and the rear part starts where it splits off to the right and left side.. for the most part its the front part of the park brake assy

shelly

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just had this same thing happen. the front cable was able to be pulled right out from under the car. any advice on where to start would be awesome. pedal is still stuck down, does this mean my e brake is actually still on or,the pedal is just stuck?

afpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chock front wheels, Jack up the rear, drivetrain in neutral ( ya know, usual safety stuff), and see if rear wheel can turn by hand. If it can, e-brake not engaged.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968