Noob on a mission!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Truck Norris

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, I'm a 31 year old guy from Michigan who LOVES chevy trucks, but doesn't know a damn thing about them. Wish me luck!

My mission:
To turn turn my 97 yukon into a big beautiful beast by learning what I need to learn, doing the work myself, and posting pics as i go.

Red_Raider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. There are members with a wealth of knowledge to help out along the way. Good luck!

OP
OP
Truck Norris

Truck Norris

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the welcome guys. So here we go.... Any of you know how i might tell if my front differential is bad? There's a loud hum coming from the front that sounds like bigass mud tires would, but only when I accelerate. I let up, almost no sound. i just have all terrain35's so ......would the front differential hum or clank if it were messed up?

JayXSP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome!

Sounds like a bad wheel/axel bearing to me. But it could be a pinion bearing. Def have it checked out

JayXSP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't rule out bad carrier bearings either. Diagnosing a noise problem over the internet is harder than trying to stick a wet noodle in a wildcat's ass.

I would take it to a professional...but thats just me. Learning cars/trucks is expensive. Especially if you're just gonna throw parts at hoping and praying you fixed it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chevy100