Not a good night

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

O3YUKONXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was happy w/ my McGaughys deluxe 2/3, just wanted lower and level. Got all additional parts to make into their 3/5 w/ their helper bags. Hasn't turned out to swell yet. Back too high, front almost too low( likely make front work ) . Front measures under 30" w/ driver side cranked up to max. Did the relocaters, end links, shocks and swapped the 3" spring for the 5". Also removed rubber isolators. Back only dropped 3/8". WTF? Side by side, they look same height; only slightly 'thinner' coil diameter (maybe). Could they have shipped wrong spring? That's total fail in itself, but the new spring/shock combo rides like crap. Got to be 1:30am, so threw old spring/shock back in and 400+ lbs behind rear seat so it was closer to matching front and it rode like it should. NEED SOME HELP PLEASE.

Glendejd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you move the rear sway bar over 1"? I had a misunderstanding about the swaybar and my ride was terrible also. Finally figured out the swaybar was sitting on the panhard bracket at a dead stop and was hitting hard when driving. Going to fix it this evening and should fix my problem.

NeverSatisfied

eBay Baller
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would have to say that they sent the wrong coils that just doesn't sound right. And 30" in the front? That's low I sit at 32" with their front stuff

OP
OP
O3YUKONXL

O3YUKONXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, moved that, even though didn't see it was needed in my case. Rides near perfect (at same height ) w/ old springs back in. even if they did send me new 3" spring, way such change in ride qaulity?

M Hankel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you done the free travel mod in the rear? Are your rear shocks capable of a 5" drop?

FWIW, two springs can look the same height when sitting side by side but if the coils have different rates they will compress totally different under the same weight.

Mike

OP
OP
O3YUKONXL

O3YUKONXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No drop from "diff" spring, but drastic change in ride. Mod done and shocks right. Just 'cause we tried everything else we could think of; even set it down w/ out shocks = no difference. Today swapped new shocks back in w/ old spring and ride still great = new spring terrible. If I had to trade ride quality to get desired drop that would be one thing, and a choice to make; but many others w/ this set up give great reviews.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
i wish you would have listened to me and got my 5-6 inch rear kit. I busted my ass to get these made for the community and i guarantee you will be happy.

If you can get your money back and can wait a few weeks im getting 300 of them made again since last batch is gone meantime see if maybe they sent wrong springs or if you can get your money back because your not happy with ride also in rear if you overtorque the endlinks they ride harsh. On the djm endlinks 30 ft lbs max

Last edited:
OP
OP
O3YUKONXL

O3YUKONXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah well, guess we'll see what they say tomorrow. Went this way b/c I was able to find several members w/ this set-up; giving great reviews - both ride quality and measurements I was after. I remember you saying " tons of posts backing yours up " although when I asked; you only linked me to one. No offense intended, not doubting you or your product - just done most research that I could w/ my limited comp. skills. Do you sell spring and 1" spacer by them selves, or only as entire rear kit?

OP
OP
O3YUKONXL

O3YUKONXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pics are w/ old springs ( 3" / no bags and nearly 600lbs in hatch )
Just to get me through rest of weekend w/out driving around 'ass-up'
2014-03-08 11.08.45.jpg

2014-03-08 11.08.01.jpg

2014-03-07 16.00.57.jpg

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah well, guess we'll see what they say tomorrow. Went this way b/c I was able to find several members w/ this set-up; giving great reviews - both ride quality and measurements I was after. I remember you saying " tons of posts backing yours up " although when I asked; you only linked me to one. No offense intended, not doubting you or your product - just done most research that I could w/ my limited comp. skills. Do you sell spring and 1" spacer by them selves, or only as entire rear kit?

There are many review and ive installed many of them if you look at this section there are many up here and will be another 6 weeks about till i get more in because i sold out and doing another run of 150 sets.

spacers and springs are 265 shipped and hopefully you can get your money back since your not happy with product

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus