Nothing but problems!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maggy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I purchased an HID kit for the 09 Denali. First off, the product came and looked of high quality (except its not a plug and play system)....untill I installed it. Simple install, no issues except with maybe the access without removing the fender well and tires. Installed everything and made it all tidy...then I fired them up only to have one side work...no biggy. Swapped bulbs to see if it was the ballast. Ballasts were not the issue. Ordered two more so that I would have a spare...only because i'm the type to have spares for EVERYTHING because now days, Quality control has taken a back seat to profits.

Two new ones show up. Replace the burnt one....the new replacement flickers, then goes out. Let sit, fire it again and it does the same thing. So much for that one. Try the other one, thank god it works. Finally I have two beautiful 6000k HID fogs. Two days later, the other original one flickers and dies and now stays lit for a few minutes. NOT IMPRESSED.

Is there another system out there that someone recommends cause this one is going back.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
what kit did you get? Hope its not one of those Cheapies on ebay.

Reaction score
you never contacted us? it could have been something as simple as a power issue solved by a relay harness. ballasts do that when they are not receiving enough power.

Redbull636

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
any car with automatic lights and or daytime running lights need the relay....should of done the research before bashing the company...i have the relay in my 07 tahoe and had no problems at all

Reaction score
any car with automatic lights and or daytime running lights need the relay....should of done the research before bashing the company...i have the relay in my 07 tahoe and had no problems at all

^exactly hahaha.

thanks for chimming in. im not sure if they ever called. we woulda been happy to help but i think they figured it out.

Oscar@Hidguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

This is correct, Please keep in mind that if you contact us before you place your order and tell us what you have we can def. steer you in the right direction to get you what you need. We sell these Relay harnesses and we tell each customer with DRL's that they will need this harness. With out it your kit may not run right. You can NEVER go wrong with a relay harness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ela2q