OFFICIAL: 2015.5 (2015i) Discussion Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
motorwerks

motorwerks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A sold order supersedes an allocation anyways doesn't it? That isn't what bothered me though. They tried changing my trade value by 5k after I told them I was buying at EP. The dealership still makes over 4k on the truck though.

No. Allocation is allocation. They don't have one. Once they have allocation, they CAN designate a priority level. 1 being "urgent", 9 is typically "retail inventory". If you look on your order sheet in GM Connect, it should show it under "Order Summary". I know mine was ordered with "1". However, it looks like it there are delays at the factory level, nothing anyone can really do.

Last edited:

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We've been waiting since early February..
Move on until you find a dealer with allocation.

Mikef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just checked on mine. 4300 status. It has been built and it is sitting in the yard.

ky2015denali

Reaction score
Unfortunately GM's policy is that a sold order does not "trump" allocation.
If Dealer does not have allocation, the sold order sits there until allocation is available for the Dealer.
ky2015denali

JasonDenali15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

How can you tell if the 2015 is an "i" or not? Does the VIN have an "g" or "f" now? A new one just arrived at a local lot and wanted to know if its a 2015i. I saw the window sticker up close and it did not say "2015i." Thanks!

Reels

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

How can you tell if the 2015 is an "i" or not? Does the VIN have an "g" or "f" now? A new one just arrived at a local lot and wanted to know if its a 2015i. I saw the window sticker up close and it did not say "2015i." Thanks!

I see my vehicle on my dealers site. It says 2015 Interim under options.

yukontruckman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see my vehicle on my dealers site. It says 2015 Interim under options.

Correct, on most dealer websites looks under options and you should see this:

2015 INTERIM PROCESSING CODE (Required on all interim models produced starting in October 2014.) (AVF)

Apbc2

Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what I see, the last 6 of the VIN on a 2015i starts with a 5. The older ones have 2's or 3's. This is true for Escalades and Yukons. (5xxxxx). Some of the older ones say both 6 speed and 8 speed on the window sticker which is confusing.

JasonDenali15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, guys. The vehicle on the lot is a 6 speed. Based on everyone's input, it must be one of the last built before the transition to the "i."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968