Oil Level -- can't get good reading

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score

why does it have a vent and 2 hoses?

this looks like race car stuff, site is full of 7sec turbo engines. they require a total difference level of equipment. but if you have the money, pick one up and let us know how the vent works? because if you allow a vac leak of any kind, you see it in the fuel trims. the 30$ Amazon one has a dip stick on the top to check level. if you unscrew it with it running you can watch the fuel trims go nuts. unless this has some kinda built in check valving so it doesn't suck air in thru the filter, I wouldn't install that.

if 300 is your price range, improved racing is very big in the corvette road course world and probably closer to your application than drag cars running alternative fuels

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking for the original post I got the link from, but search catch can brings up a 100 threads here haha.

I personally have this one. it seems good for the price and catch oil on my truck. which doesn't have any blow by issues and is new enough it should have the updates valve cover baffling. so I believe it's withing OK, would a 300$ one work better? maybe but this truck isn't getting it haha. my c6 goes have a more expensive 3 port, but it's pretty similar inside filtering wise.

EVIL ENERGY Baffled Oil Catch Can,Oil Separator Catch Can 300ml Universal Aluminum Black https://a.co/d/dQU8lcp

this one is also used in threads around here for even less.

PQY Oil Catch Can Baffled 2 Port Oil Catch Tank Kit With Drain Valve Universal Oil Separator Reservoir Tank https://a.co/d/5Y0yIn5

add one, do the oil soak treatment donjetman recommend and you'll probably have a much happier engine if you're blowing oil up the dip stick tube. which is pretty wild amount of blow by

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Breathers are for turbocharged or supercharged engines.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
T

the blur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'm going to order the Amazon $30 can. Can't imagine the $300 can is making my truck better than a $30 can. I definitely have a stuck ring or 2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukekuhner369