Oil Pan Gasket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jake707

Reaction score
Has anyone replaced their oil pan gasket? Dealership said mine was leaking and with a quote of $1,400 to replace it thats not covered by my warranty I'll be looking at doing it myself. There must be some long labor hours involved to get a quote that high haha Its the 6.2 4x4 if theres differences.

oil.jpg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone replaced their oil pan gasket? Dealership said mine was leaking and with a quote of $1,400 to replace it thats not covered by my warranty I'll be looking at doing it myself. There must be some long labor hours involved to get a quote that high haha Its the 6.2 4x4 if theres differences.

View attachment 437106
just had mine done (under a 3rd party) warranty I guess there is a upper & lower pan, both of mine were leaking
it was indeed pricey. oil pan, water pump, oil cooler lines and pinion seal they hit the warranty for $3k

on the 4X4 the front diff has to be lowered at least part way to get the pan out, probably the reason for high labor
I have not done one myself in a long time, but you want to do it right otherwise it will leak again, bolts have to be tightened to torq spec in a pattern
and usually the front needs silicone, alignment has to be just right

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stamped steel oil pan huh? Thought that was a thing of the past on these rigs.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dam. Wish I had your warranty. Mine won’t cover leaking gaskets of any kind after 125k miles which mine has.
ya warranty's are tricky they generally come in 3 levels, level 1 covers basically nothing, level 2 is usually just power train failure, level 3 covers almost everything but wear items like brake pads, shocks, tires, etc.
it's all in the fine print. this was the first time I had to use mine but I had purchased the "premium"
mileage doesn't matter on mine as long as I am within the covered mileage/time
warr.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Budzy24