On star / my Chev 2017 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was there any issues with the radio/ screen OnStar and my Chev app log in , has the premium sound on the 2017 Tahoe ? If it's from Canada does it matter if it was to be used in USA . Any info be great.

justchecking

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
They did what Onstar called a reset. But I still can't log in to mylink app in the Tahoe . But the app on cellphones working.
Same here on my 2019 from Canada. Onstar said take it into the dealer but I think I found on my own that I had to go to setup then restore factory settings, then delete all user info, then delete something else. When i then tried to sign into my Chevy in the car I got a new screen BUT onstar was not available. I think because I was between the camper and the house and power was out in the neighborhood from a wind storm.
Tomorrow I’ll try to log in and let you know if I was successful.

OP
OP
Woodblocker55

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here on my 2019 from Canada. Onstar said take it into the dealer but I think I found on my own that I had to go to setup then restore factory settings, then delete all user info, then delete something else. When i then tried to sign into my Chevy in the car I got a new screen BUT onstar was not available. I think because I was between the camper and the house and power was out in the neighborhood from a wind storm.
Tomorrow I’ll try to log in and let you know if I was successful.
Thanks ..Yes let me know please. I was wondering if it was like stuck between any updates they sent out and lost wifi or something..

justchecking

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Well no luck so far. They had me go to the factory reset screen and reset all options (that did get the previous owners Kelly Clarkson and other twenty something stuff out of there), then go to software screen and got a confirmation that my software was up to date. THEN they sent several resets. THEN they discovered that the mobile connection number needed to be reset which they tried to do several time remotely but did not get a confirmation that it was reset. SO they bumped me up to the senior technical advisor. Waiting for him to contact me.
Really, the only thing not working is the in car MyChevrolet and in car OnStar App. I can call Onstar from the car, and I can log in on my phone and computer. But they gave me three free premium months to try it in car with all features so I want to try it. ;)
I will let you know when I find out more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bostongeorge