Opinion on road trip mileage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

Redhoe01

The BDG
Reaction score
Well, it averaged about 420 per tank even thru Virginia and Penn in the mountains. Got all the way to NH 1800 + and no issues at all on my 142,??? mile tahoe. my temp gauge never even moved once even with all the mountain climbing. My belt in my rear tire broke tho. Never heard of that before but need a new tire. The sticks in NH is not the best place to find 22" tires. I found that out.

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good to know, and sorry to hear about the tire.

My01yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear the mileage report. I think I'm taking the Honda Odyssey when we go to Ohio next month. Has a little more room and it has a factory dvd player for the kids to keep them occupied. Welcome back and glad you made it home safe.

OP
OP
R

Redhoe01

The BDG
Reaction score
I appreciate it Eagle and My01. Man, I made it 1800 miles speeding intentionally and didnt get pulled over. I know this town right next to the one I was going to has hard nose cops so I slowed down looking for speed limit sign and got pulled over right in front of a 30 MPH sign 5 min from my destination.

amaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2600 miles roadtrip to Norway (with lots of mountain driving) an I got average of 19.6mpg - not bad at all.

OP
OP
R

Redhoe01

The BDG
Reaction score
Redhoe01, what town in NH are you in? Did you move there? I just moved to NH myself from Mass.

I am in Texas again but I will be heading back up to Sutton, NH wich is about 30 min North of Concord up 89. I will be heading up in early July for good but had to drop the Hoe off so I can drive the moving truck when we go back up. What town are you in?

03YukonNH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in Manchester which is about 20 minutes south of Concord. Thats a pretty good distance to drive, especially twice for one move. Why Sutton, NH from Texas?

OP
OP
R

Redhoe01

The BDG
Reaction score
I was just in Manchester to fly back and have been quite a bit. I have family up there as I am orig from Mass. I miss living up there and my wife loves it so she is good with moving. Texas is to hot, NH is cold but time for a change from hot to cold for a while. Any local tahoe groups up there?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgy