Opinions on all terrain tires.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2DR4EVR

Reaction score
I'm looking for some new shoes and wanted to get some different opinions from people who actually drive these trucks.

I currently have the ProComp extreme All Terrains. They look nice and have an aggressive stance, but the road noise is pretty high with these. And this is purely my fault, but I got behind on a rotation cycle and now they wobble pretty bad at certain speeds. The guy at the tire store asked me if I liked the procomps.....aside from the noise I said I thought they were all right. Reason being is he had a buddy that was running these and took them off pretty quick. Cited bad wear patterns and noise. Mixed reviews on the net.

So I'm ready to get a new set. Driving on the freeway is just a miserable experience now. Many years ago I was running the BF Goodrich AllTerrain and I was pleased with those but I don't want to limit my search on these.

Their are alot of All terrains out there. What are some of you guys running and how do you like them?

Just trying to find a good mix of ride with minimal noise yet retain a decent look for the tire.

I know you can't have it all. I live in Texas (Houston) so no snow and don't go mudding or rock climbing. Rode driving really. My rims are 17"

Thanks

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
bridgestone desert dueler a/t revo 2
bs_duelerat_revo2owl_ci2_l.jpg
dueleratrevo21.png

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10 had them for a lil over 2 years, not noisy on the highway, great in the rain and snow, been offroad a lil and they were fine, nothing crazy and they have plenty of tread left, I was looking at the BFG ones too but these were cheaper and are great for what I do with my truck

u2ateme7.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

KPOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10 had them for a lil over 2 years, not noisy on the highway, great in the rain and snow, been offroad a lil and they were fine, nothing crazy and they have plenty of tread left, I was looking at the BFG ones too but these were cheaper and are great for what I do with my truck

u2ateme7.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

+1 on the Hankook all-terrains. Have only heard positive things about them, and when I'm due for a 35" upgrade, I'll be snagging a set of them.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1 on the Hankook all-terrains. Have only heard positive things about them, and when I'm due for a 35" upgrade, I'll be snagging a set of them.

and if you want a more aggressive A/T tire they make a mud terrain tire too, but for the ones I got you really cant beat the price on them

OP
OP
2DR4EVR

2DR4EVR

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions! I'll look into both kinds mentioned.

96redsport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also run Hankook ATM tires. Quiet and run smooth on the highway.... Chris what is the back spacing on your 17" wheels?

cowboyzr2

Reaction score
Houston area here also

I'm somewhat partial to BFG A/Ts, I've had a few sets. But the last 2 sets I've had on my Z I've gotten at Walmart. Goodyear Wrangler Authorities. The first set I got around 40k out of and didn't take care of them at all. They're awesome offroad, and don't make too much noise on pavement.... And quite a bit cheaper than BFG's. IIRC I got my last set for $680ish mounted and balanced with lifetime rotation etc.

0069766209363_500X500.jpg

EvAZRt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I like these ltx a/t 2'sImageUploadedByTapatalk1365999092.618128.jpg4y4ezuvy.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365999092.618128.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365999092.618128.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 29

Vegasf6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have tried Kumho, Nitto, Bridgestone duelers and Pro-Comp.
Now I have finally switched to Goodyear wrangler and so far they are the best tires I have ever had.
I had bubbles form in the sidewall of both the Kumho and the Pro-Comp. My Nittos I didn't have anything especially bad to say about them but they didn't seem to last long. The Duelers I just didn't respect and beat the snot out of. I wanted them gone as they were too small with my lift.
But the Goodyears, while expensive are the heaviest rated for the size and so far the tread wear seems pretty good (for me at least I am ****** on tires)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pnut