Opinions on Cold Air Intakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

f1freek

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I haven't read past the 4th or 5th page of this section yet so I don't know if this is a repeat thread.
I'm considering the purchase of a cold air intake kit for my 97 Hoe/350 Vortec. Would like all opinions on brands, experience, where purchased and price paid. Thx.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go Volant or Go home.

1. Has a 4" Collector bigger then all the rest.
2. The instake is in sealed box which prevents heat soak unlike ALL the others.
3. The sealed box hooks up to the fender well like OEM therefore max cold air UNLIKE other intakes.

IMO if you can't afford the price just upgrade to a K&N air filter and remove the vortec part of the intake since it is useless.

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO if you can't afford the price just upgrade to a K&N air filter and remove the vortec part of the intake since it is useless.

I second that.
That's what I did and it made a difference.
Although I diss-agree on buying anything more than that.
I can't see spending another $200+ to lessen heat soak. My own personal tests showed that what FF40 said will work just fine.

drowndindreams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yuk, did you remove the piece that has 'vortec' stamped on it? and what did that do for you?

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yuk, did you remove the piece that has 'vortec' stamped on it? and what did that do for you?

Yes. I covered the hole with a 2" rubber cap. It makes alot more noise(I'm still not sure that I like), and it made a difference in how quickly the motor revs up. It seems to breath easier. I liked it enough to not put the Vortec silencer box back on...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dap365