Opinions on Potential Hybrid Mods ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Last edited:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks excellent Serge!!! :waytogo:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like how the mirrors match the side molding!

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys ... Robbie i'm out right now so I'll take more pics later ...

web.jpg

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

web.jpg

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lookin good serge! it reminds me of my white tahoe so much now!

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

Congrats Felix! I've been following this thread and read all of the happenings. I feel like a stalker when I don't post anything...

thanks man appreciate it!

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

Congrats Felix... :)

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay that's the best side shot I can do today ...

web.jpg

I'll get some more tomorrow.

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

Just a couple of quick fitment notes for any hybrid owner who wants to do the bumper swap:

1. Do not forget to get the reverse sensor moldings from a denali/esky. Also keep in mind that for some reason GM didn't create an attachment for them, so in order to attach them behind the bumper you will need to use a plastic adhesive like liquid plastic or JB weld. You do not need to replace your sensors as they work with the new moldings.

2. The Hybrid's bumper has little notches at each top corner where it slides in below the quarter panel. The denali/esky bumper does not, so in order for it to go in it has to be cut out. It's no biggie, it takes all of five minutes and you can't see it after it's installed ... but it won't go in unless you do it.

Here's a pic of the hybrid bumper for reference:

web.jpg

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi ... :)

I have a question for those who have upgraded to an esky bumper or who have one from stock.

What I've noticed is that the hitch cover isn't made as curved as the bumper cover itself.
So what's happening is that as a result it's getting strained at the upper edges and comes out a little further than it should. I can't take a pic now but I will tomorrow if you don't know what I'm referring to.

My question is ... is this going to get better as the hitch cover plastic gains some 'memory' or is this simply how it's supposed to fit? And if so, is there something that can be done to get some curve into it so that it sits perfectly flush? :think:

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

Actually if you enlarge this pic and look closely at the upper left corner you can see it:

web.jpg

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weird Serge I noticed the same thing when I added the Esky bumper my old Tahoe. On the Escalade thought it's a non-issue and sits perfectly flush... is there a missing piece that holds it all together? Did you get the 07/08 or 09+ hitch cover? I even had the 09+ hitch cover on the Tahoe and it still had the issue so that's not it but just curious as to which one you got...

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got the one with 4 tabs at the top and 2 twisty thingies at the bottom.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Virgorabit

Latest posts