Opinions on Potential Hybrid Mods ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup ...

Also for anyone with a Hybrid looking at this addition the part numbers are different for the 08-10 ($200 more) and the 11-12.

Reason is that GM came to their senses and relocated that ugly ass resonator from behind the bumper. Now it is in the same place as all the other versions. So the 08-10 spare tire kits include a resonator relocate kit that the 11-12 don't require.

I got the 11-12 version as I removed and torched that thing a long time ago. :)

B.G.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:waytogo: That'll give you some piece of mind. I'd feel kind of paranoid not having a spare on a vehicle I drive daily.....

meh, its not that bad.. just have road side assistance and replacement certs for your tires.. One of the only warranties that I have ever deemed worthwhile.. discount tire replaces no questions asked:shocked:

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stupid question time ...

I just got a K&N square air filter thingie ... how do I swap it?

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tell me about it ... last night I lost ten pounds through weeping.
At least five of those were due to chrome withdrawal.

Oh and I ordered the spare tire kit today.
To be installed next week.

Hahahha I didn't know you were so attached to the chrome boards! How about retrofitting the chrome power running boards? That has a real nice chrome trim on it IMO.

B.G.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stupid question time ...

I just got a K&N square air filter thingie ... how do I swap it?

Remove the torque screws surrounding the airbox.. lift up airbox lid... take out old filter...insert new.. should take you about 10mins max... Let me know if it wakes it up some! Ive been wanting to trying one out. Should produce better air flow and change the sound some:party33:

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Remove the torque screws surrounding the airbox.. lift up airbox lid... take out old filter...insert new.. should take you about 10mins max... Let me know if it wakes it up some! Ive been wanting to trying one out. Should produce better air flow and change the sound some:party33:

Just tried to do that but I could get to the two inner screws with the tools I have ... there's a whole bunch of wires and other parts in the way. :think:

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just tried to do that but I could get to the two inner screws with the tools I have ... there's a whole bunch of wires and other parts in the way. :think:

Take your hand and move them. LOL. Or use a 1/4" extension to get down in there.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol, some of those wires are orange ... you know what that means on a hybrid?

B.G.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It means pull them to the side and unscrew the air box lid. Lol

haha Dirk your killin me...

Seriously though Serge I did this in about ten minutes or less. I dont remember unplugging anything during the process. As Dirk mentioned, if a screw is hard to reach use a socket extension or long screwdriver that enables you to put whatever tip you need on...given you have these tools. Dont be afraid to move wires around man, your truck wont blow up.. trust me its fine:mexsmoke:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salty Crusty

Latest posts