OR VietVet Is Still Throwing $$$ at 2005 Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Hey, that sense of humor is kind of rare, but incredibly refreshing, these days.
When I walk in to my local AZ, they like me there. If it is available at their web site, I always have the part number looked up. I will also help a customer that is there asking a question that the counter people don't know about. But I always cut up and joke with them and throw in a few curse words for good measure. Two of the girls say that I remind them of their dad.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If you have followed this thread, you have seen when I retired in 2022 and was in Paradise, Ca. for a while and while there I got a brain fart and had my rear BOWTIE/TAHOE emblem and the CHEVROLET emblem, blacked out and then added white around the edges to make them stand out. After a while, the white was flaking off and then looked like crap. Been bugging me and so I ordered in new GM emblems and removed the old, cleaned and installed stock look emblems again. I was so in to the removal, that I forgot to take a "before" pic of the BOWTIE/TAHOE emblem, but you get the idea and can go back in this thread if you really want to see it. I like it much better now:

20240813_140633.jpg

20240813_140641.jpg

20240813_143746.jpg

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have followed this thread, you have seen when I retired in 2022 and was in Paradise, Ca. for a while and while there I got a brain fart and had my rear BOWTIE/TAHOE emblem and the CHEVROLET emblem, blacked out and then added white around the edges to make them stand out. After a while, the white was flaking off and then looked like crap. Been bugging me and so I ordered in new GM emblems and removed the old, cleaned and installed stock look emblems again. I was so in to the removal, that I forgot to take a "before" pic of the BOWTIE/TAHOE emblem, but you get the idea and can go back in this thread if you really want to see it. I like it much better now:

View attachment 435199

View attachment 435201

View attachment 435203
Me thinks that you have a lot of spare time on your hands. :cool:

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Me thinks that you have a lot of spare time on your hands. :cool:
Now I do. I have new front struts to do on a 2015 Chrysler mini van but waiting on a new cowling to come in. Have motorcylce work when part gets here. Waiting on customer for oil cooler lines, I have already.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustin Road