Order Delays 2015i Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nac315

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Short rant...
Went to dealer end of September to by a Tahoe LTZ. Didn't have car I wanted so they told me to order. The dealer couldn't place order because system was down. Then the system was up and they couldn't place order because there were no prices showing. Then prices showed up but the system wouldn't accept any orders. Then I complained to Chevy about the process and finally got an order number. Now it's been almost two months since I originally tried to buy a car. I've used Chevy's chat feature and for approximately 4 weeks order has been in 1100 status. Neither Chevy nor Dealer can provide any ETA or information on why the order is held up. Not totally their fault, but I was hoping to quality for Costco $600 holiday rebate - that's probably shot now.

Am I crazy or should I cancel my order and spend 60-something thousand dollars on something else? I like bells and whistles, which is why I wanted the LTZ - I like the Denali but don't want the 6.2 because I'm too cheap to buy premium gas.

Anyone else in a similar boat or have info on why orders are being held?

Last edited:

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
go to a different dealership that has allocation... your dealer sucks. Sorry...

SHWA

Reaction score
I am in the exact same boat as you with a Yukon Denali XL. Been waiting since September and I don't even have a VIN yet. According to my dealer, he has 9 on order now including mine.

I am counting on good things happening to those who wait!

Reels

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, your dealer sucks. I waited forever for mine (7 months), but at least he was honest why.

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not that your dealer sucks, it's GM that can't build them because the wheels were falling off faster than they can bolt them on.

Usually, the 5.3l like the Tahoe or SLE have little problem being built. I would however find a dealer who might not have sold allocation and move you to the front.

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Short rant...
Went to dealer end of September to by a Tahoe LTZ. Didn't have car I wanted so they told me to order. The dealer couldn't place order because system was down. Then the system was up and they couldn't place order because there were no prices showing. Then prices showed up but the system wouldn't accept any orders. Then I complained to Chevy about the process and finally got an order number. Now it's been almost two months since I originally tried to buy a car. I've used Chevy's chat feature and for approximately 4 weeks order has been in 1100 status. Neither Chevy nor Dealer can provide any ETA or information on why the order is held up. Not totally their fault, but I was hoping to quality for Costco $600 holiday rebate - that's probably shot now.

Am I crazy or should I cancel my order and spend 60-something thousand dollars on something else? I like bells and whistles, which is why I wanted the LTZ - I like the Denali but don't want the 6.2 because I'm too cheap to buy premium gas.

Anyone else in a similar boat or have info on why orders are being held?

Get the Denali! I'm at 6600 miles and have only used ONE tank of premium. The only reason I did was to clear up a little spark knock from the lower octane regular fuel.

As others have said, premium is RECOMMENDED but NOT required.

Anon2015

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Denalis are a tough one. The marketing prognosticators seriously blew it (or so I have been told by inside sources). They didn't expect a high demand for Denalis due to the similar features/options available in the SLT. That was clearly off base. Apparently, another contributing factor to the unexpected demand, is people defecting from Caddy to Denali. The price difference doesn't support the value being placed on 'superior interior finishes', the CUE system, and whatever minor differences exist between the two. So everyone down the food chain was caught unprepared to address the demand. (The initial quality problems off the line didn't help any.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dirtymax6610