Order Delays 2015i Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

motorwerks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Denalis are a tough one. The marketing prognosticators seriously blew it (or so I have been told by inside sources). They didn't expect a high demand for Denalis due to the similar features/options available in the SLT. That was clearly off base. Apparently, another contributing factor to the unexpected demand, is people defecting from Caddy to Denali. The price difference doesn't support the value being placed on 'superior interior finishes', the CUE system, and whatever minor differences exist between the two. So everyone down the food chain was caught unprepared to address the demand. (The initial quality problems off the line didn't help any.)

I wouldn't call the CUE system a "superior" item. The CUE S...U...C...KS!!!! BAD!

Anon2015

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't put "superior" in front of CUE .... there was a comma separating interior finishes from CUE which, btw, happens to S...U...C...K!!!! BAD! :)

It appears the only disagreement with that view comes from the Cadillac Division, which like most GM divisions (a) don't listen to their customers; and, (b) put systems in place to make certain information cannot filter up the food chain. I BTW was on an advisory panel...until I was critical of the poor implementation of what was really a great idea.

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

nac315

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My father has a 2015 escalade. The finish is very nice. The CUE is a pain in the ass - but I think it's pretty similar to functionality of GMC and Chevy NAV. The biggest drawback is the stupid touch sensitive controls - half the time I try to do one thing and I end up accidentally touching something else. when the dog is in the back seat he rests his head on the console and his neck touches the a/c controls and for some reason always blasts the heat - maybe he's trying to tell us something. cool and sexy feature but in reality a failure.

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few of you guys who claim ANY dealer sucks crack me up.
Downright hilarious.
Talk about being totally and completely failing to analyze the root of the problem and finding the root in all of this BS. I don't know if it's a lack of business knowledge or a simple lack of common sense. You blame the dealer when the dealer network is hog tied and completely innocent. Heck, they are more of a victim than us. They have checks in hand that they can't cash. Yeah, it's the dealer network that sucks.

The ironic part here is that those who claim they recieved their vehicle the earliest because of a fantastic, superior dealer that "doesn't suck", got smoked the most...

GM simply can not deliver this vehicle. I suppose because its "hot", right? And those who claim they had no problem because they bought from a superior, superior, non sucking dealer with allocation.. Hmmm, just what did you get for your 75k?
You got a myriad of outdated technology, missed out on new, free technology now included, and a back side screwing from King Kong..Happy?
No matter how you may think that you swallow hard and hide it, every time you push the start button and put that 6 speed into reverse, you think about how you just got screwed over, HARD core by GM. Was that your dealers fault? Just look back at the crap Satish took pointing out the painfully obvious. That demonstrates just how delicate the feelings were about the subject.

The thread starts out about a dealer cant place an order using GMs ordering technology, and the dealer sucks? The dealer can not order, get built , or have delivery a product that they are a dealer for, and it's their fault?
That's hysterical, sorry....

After a summer long waste of time, my wife's truck is rolling and has been built for almost two months...
You want to know where it is? It's been collecting dust sitting in OHIO awaiting a truck to schedule delivery. Yep, my dealer sucks.
Two hours away sitting for over a month, and we can't send a driver to get it because of GM negotiated Union contracts. Damn dealer of mine..

I am expecting 75k worth of poor construction, cheap parts, and unreliable drivability with this Denali. Anything above that will be a win.

Last edited:

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, that sucks! Have they given you some reason for not having delivered it to the dealer?

I gotta say, you're right about the dealer not having any control over when GM gets them the vehicles they ordered. To me the thing that distinguishes dealers boils down to honesty. I want them to be absolutely honest with me about time frame, price, what the car does and doesn't do, etc. If they don't know the answer they need to be honest about that too. I'll be much angrier about getting fed a lie than being told an honest answer that isn't what I want to hear.

Reels

Supporting Member
Reaction score
your dealer sucks...

Or they are sometimes tired working their asses off pleasing people that nickel and dime them. Squeaky wheels get grease, crappy grease, but grease non the less.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or they are sometimes tired working their asses off pleasing people that nickel and dime them. Squeaky wheels get grease, crappy grease, but grease non the less.

Isn't that called life?

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your dealer sucks...

What sucks here Robbie, is you. I would definitely stick to the cheap wheel business where it's safe.
This is not a personal attack, rather a local businessman who understands the dilemma, and is defending a friend, along with countless responsible dealerships all over this country. To turn a customer's perception around on his dealerships character or business practices by saying they suck is simply not acceptable behavior in my book. In fact, it's plain irresponsible.

A guy registers at this site looking for answers, and all your brain can dissect from this debacle is that it's the dealers fault?
Really?

Is that really the summation of your intellectual observation concerning GM's obvious failure to produce or deliver?
Or is it because these vehicles are as you said, "hot" like everyone in America wants one..
That's a freaking funny one. How did I ever get a car or truck built before this....
...Which now begs the conundrum, how does an 80K dinosaur SUV become hot if there aren't any available to be bought, allocation to be ordered, or a choo-choo train available to deliver? Then... how about the lack of trucks to move it a few miles to the dealer lot?
Love the logic there.

I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm guessing ALL dealers would actually rather sell a vehicle, than not. Would rather make money and a new & happy customer, than not. I'm guessing they would rather receive what they order, than not. Maybe even profit from a sale, than not.

My dealer is Robert Basil in Orchard Park NY. I've dealt with Robert since his Chevrolet/Caddy/Buick dealership was purchased here in Fredonia. We don't even shake hands because our phone conversations are enough.
The Basil family owns multiple dealerships in western NY. His father held the most Chevrolet vehicles sold in the world two years ago. All of his brothers are very successful owners of various car and truck lines, and Robert probably has 400+ vehicles in inventory at his Orchard Park Caddy/GMC store.
I doubt sales volume is his problem...

I'm not thinking Robert Basil Sucks. I'm thinking GM owes Robert Basil a monstrous apology for not supplying the countless Escalades and Denalis those guys have sold. I'm thinking GM is the most disorganized car maker in the world, who can't even more produced and sold inventory from a rail yard in a timely manner.

Before you toss those insulting blanket statements on innocent dealers caught up in GM's largest ball drop since Hummer, I would be a little more responsible with your words, and how they may indict innocent hard working people.

Last edited:

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think someone is a little sensitive. It was a joke George. Calm down.

Your dealer still sucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dirtymax6610