Order to Delivery Timeframes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoHeels

Reaction score
My chevy dealer was pretty firm on their trade-in price. I told them what I was offered and even offered it to them at less than what I was offered on FB just to get it all done at once. They declined but were respectful about it, showed me their market comparison report, and ultimately were not upset with me for selling elsewhere. They understood. There are some large used car dealers in my area that just want some cars on their lot.

Carmax & Carvana also offered me much less than anyone else. I did the KBB instant cash offer as well and it came back as the low trade-in and then you have to take it to the dealer. On FB marketplace, I had dealers that would send people to pick up the vehicle and some that wanted you to bring it in. I ultimately sold to a dealer that sent people to pick it up and it was also the highest price. Maybe I could have gotten more by taking it to a local dealer, but I doubt it. Other than the "is this still available" crowd on FB, it was a painless transaction.

rpearlberg

Reaction score
My chevy dealer was pretty firm on their trade-in price. I told them what I was offered and even offered it to them at less than what I was offered on FB just to get it all done at once. They declined but were respectful about it, showed me their market comparison report, and ultimately were not upset with me for selling elsewhere. They understood. There are some large used car dealers in my area that just want some cars on their lot.

Carmax & Carvana also offered me much less than anyone else. I did the KBB instant cash offer as well and it came back as the low trade-in and then you have to take it to the dealer. On FB marketplace, I had dealers that would send people to pick up the vehicle and some that wanted you to bring it in. I ultimately sold to a dealer that sent people to pick it up and it was also the highest price. Maybe I could have gotten more by taking it to a local dealer, but I doubt it. Other than the "is this still available" crowd on FB, it was a painless transaction.

GoHeels

Reaction score
It was a check, but not cashiers. I'm no check expert, but I believe it was just a business/company check. Had their logo & was attached to an invoice. This is a very large reputable dealer in my area so I had no problem accepting it. Would have been a little more cautious had they been a smaller or less established dealer.

Driver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am in the same boat. Ordered 2021 beginning of summer, changed to 2022 in Sept. Still nothing. now( 2022 Yukon XL Denali Diesel Ultimate Package, every option I could add except floor mats. Couldn't add those for whatever reason.) So, I guess if it gets within a 4-6 months of the 2023 builds, I'll prob just wait it out for that. haha
Another month+ and my order still has NOT been accepted by GM. I think original order was late June but I lost that paperwork. So I am now at 7 Months between 2 orders 2021 then changed to a 2022.

rpearlberg

Reaction score
Ordered on 11/30, TPW of 1/10, just chatted with Chevy and they said it's been produced and my dealer will handle the shipping, etc. Not sure how long that will take, I'm in Connecticut.

mattkhoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ordered on 11/30, TPW of 1/10, just chatted with Chevy and they said it's been produced and my dealer will handle the shipping, etc. Not sure how long that will take, I'm in Connecticut.
I live on Long Island and I was supposed to get my truck last week. My dealer said my truck is sitting in the rail yard in New Jersey without anyone to deliver them.

Cliff-Yukon

Reaction score
Ordered 9/13. Got a TPW in mid Oct of 12/6 and stayed on tracked. Shipped 12/11 and was in MA at dealership 12/27. Came most of the way via rail from what I saw…..

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My Denali was delivered to rail shuttle in Arlington, TX on 12/9, arrived at final rail yard destination in Dacula, GA on 1/12…still awaiting delivery to dealership in South GA. ETA from rail yard to dealership is currently 1/22.

For reference, I purchased it on 12/22 while it was “in transit” and my original delivery date was 1/1, then 12/28, then 1/12, and currently 1/22…so I am doubtful that I will be able to take possession this weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52

Latest posts