Order to Delivery Timeframes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carsenault300

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ordered a '22 Tahoe RST on Dec 6th
Got a call on Dec 10th that it was picked up by GM
No update since then

How/where can I check status? Do I need my order #?

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say yes but getting ordered and picked up in less than a week is good. Make sure there is a difference between picked up and “Accepted”. Picked up could be that GM just received the order at the factory….Accepted probably means a human has read over the order and vetted to check for options, constraints etc…. Not trying to sour the mood but want to be practical. If current times are right and no major option or trim level constraints then could be a fairly quick production process. I was told eight-twelve weeks after order “Accepted”

Eusibius2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I placed a deposit on mine back in October, and finally was "awarded" an allocation on Dec 11 by the dealership.

When I check my order status, it's been "Your vehicle order has been accepted by General Motors and is moving toward the production process" since then. I suspect that it means I'm at status 2000, which means I could be sitting here for another couple of weeks at best.

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not totally on subject but reasonably related I think. When I went to my local dealer….not selling dealer…that is 80 miles north.

I noticed a transporter that had three new Tahoes on board. I am not sure if they were all for this dealership but when I checked in for the tire mounting at least one Suburban had been just unloaded. That would mean at least four possibly more if they made other deliveries but not that many dea;ers in the DFW Metroplex. About six of them within 20-30 miles of plant. I saw it quickly before PDI tech got hold and observed 3 miles. I didnt see the door sticker but the VIN was a 15XXXX series. My Z71 was just a tick under the 143XXXX series White Premier 2WD. I will say the PDI tech seemed too have a purpose and was not letting it sit there too long. It was probably of to PDI within 15-20 minutes of check in.

rpearlberg

Reaction score
Ordered through dealer on 11/30 and it was accepted within a few days. It's now scheduled to begin production on 1/10. Fingers crossed.

Rradford45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered my Tahoe a week ago and still haven’t heard anything. Dislike the waiting game to see if it got accepted and order approval. I need to sell my truck to put a bigger down payment. This sucks. Not even sure how this whole process even works.

selectsplat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your order hasn’t been officially accepted ask you dealer if anything you ordered is on constraint. If so, waiting months for it to be accepted is not uncommon.

GoHeels

Reaction score
Ordered my Tahoe a week ago and still haven’t heard anything. Dislike the waiting game to see if it got accepted and order approval. I need to sell my truck to put a bigger down payment. This sucks. Not even sure how this whole process even works.

You should have very few problems selling a vehicle these days. Put your truck on FB marketplace and you’ll get bombarded by dealers that want to buy. I had a deal done at a great price within 48 hours. Dealer sent 2 guys to my house to pick it up.

Dealers offered more money than any private party did. All private party offers were crazy low baller, likely tire kickers.

For reference, we sold a 2015 4Runner with 80k miles to a dealer for what KBB says is “low” private party value or high trade in value.

selectsplat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to sell my truck to put a bigger down payment

You can get an online instant cash offer from Carmax, redeemable for 7 days. All you need is your VIN. And you can get a new one every week, with minimal time spent, until your order is accepted, built and delivered. Then you can trade it in on the same day you pick your new ride up.

In general, you'll probably be surprised by how much they offer these days. You can get more selling privately, but it can be unpredictable. With a Carmax instant cash offer, you know exactly how much you're going to get, and you control the timeline. Also, you can use the offer from Carmax to negotiate the trade in value with the dealer if you decide to go that route. One in the hand is worth two in the bush and all that.

rpearlberg

Reaction score
You can get an online instant cash offer from Carmax, redeemable for 7 days. All you need is your VIN. And you can get a new one every week, with minimal time spent, until your order is accepted, built and delivered. Then you can trade it in on the same day you pick your new ride up.

In general, you'll probably be surprised by how much they offer these days. You can get more selling privately, but it can be unpredictable. With a Carmax instant cash offer, you know exactly how much you're going to get, and you control the timeline. Also, you can use the offer from Carmax to negotiate the trade in value with the dealer if you decide to go that route. One in the hand is worth two in the bush and all that.
I have an offer from KBB through local dealers, so I'm hoping the Chevy deal with match it or maybe even beat it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52

Latest posts