Ordered HIDs!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
brndns_hoe

brndns_hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, here's a pic i took of the lights last night, talked to rivieraracing a bit, tonight i'll put a stock light back in on one side and take a pic against a wall....but looking at this pic, maybe I just need to adjust the beam up, looks like it's hitting almost in front of the vehicle...sorry didn't have time to embed the pic, but it's attached, gotta get to work!

Attachments

• 123_0665.jpg
    123_0665.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 35

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's crazy, I hardely ever use my brights anymore, the lows are a ton brighter!! Might need to aim your headlights a bit higher, or are your lenses a little cloudy? Projectors? Are you running a harness for them?
Get some pics tonight like I was saying and post them up, let us all help you out!

---------- Post added at 06:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 AM ----------

We posted up about the same time, I see you have projectors, thats good!! Like I said, put a stocker in one of the sides and take a few pics straight at the lights, pic of the lights hitting a wall (try to find a white call if you can). Do you have fog lights? If so turn those on for a pic as well, just more stuff to compare with!

OP
OP
brndns_hoe

brndns_hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok sorry it took another day, but here's a pic with one stocker in, you can see it's brighter, more concentrated.....also adding a couple pics of the HID bulb and housing where it goes in. Like I mentioned earlier, right now, the HID bulb sits loose in the hole, I got H1 bulbs, but should I have gotten different ones? I don't see how they are supposed to be locked in, although they stay there well, with everything behind it holding it there. anyways, don't know if that is affecting light output.

got one pic of the lights straight on, but didn't turn out well, my camera is half busted,lol. and the fogs don't work, cos the lens covers came off, then the bulbs eventually broke. AAAAAAGGHHH!!

Attachments

• IMG00069-20100619-2156.jpg
    IMG00069-20100619-2156.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG00067-20100619-1926.jpg
    IMG00067-20100619-1926.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG00068-20100619-1927.jpg
    IMG00068-20100619-1927.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 20
OP
OP
brndns_hoe

brndns_hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, well I figured it out myself.....had to make the holes larger to put the bulbs all the way inside and to be able to seal the hole shut with the rubber grommets or whatever you call 'em. before, they weren't in far enough, so the majority of the light was reflecting towards the back of the projector housing because of the reflector plate that is halfway inside....if that made any sense, but those babies are bright now!

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry man, I've been beat after the blackbear meet and forgot about rechecking on your thread!
I'm guessing that you bought the wrong bulbs, I thought the H1's were shorter so that would make sense that you needed to put them farther into the housings to make them brighter, I though your truck needed the 9005 or 9006 bulbs but I could be wrong!!
Glad you figured it all out though, sorry it took me a bit to get back to you!!

OP
OP
brndns_hoe

brndns_hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No worries man! I'm doing my bb tune meet in a couple weeks. Ya ddm told me it was the 9006s but I think here on the forum RT told me because I didn't have the stock lights anymore, but the projectors, I needed the longer H1s. I just didn't realize I needed to open the hole up some more. But found on ddm's site that sometimes that's necessary. I'm happy now. Thanks for the help buddy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcaphou