Our NEW '08 Yukon Denali : 3 Mods Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tbraden32

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just got a 2008 Yukon Denali. Black on black with OEM 20" Chrome wheels. Loaded up. (Wife will be driving it....!)

I want to do a few mods to it including some new wheels, front and rear lights for now, but also want to maintain the classy look of the Denali, not to much bling (thats why we didnt choose the Esky)

Wheels: Upgrade to 22's:
GIVE ME SOME OPINIONS:
-22 OEM 8 spoke 2009 Denali Wheels
22OEM.jpg
-22 OEM 24 spoke 2009 Denali Wheels (Do not really like these, but cheap)
22OEM-24.gif
-22 Boss 332 or Similar (Chrome with a hint of black)
Boss-332.jpgBoss-332-2.jpg
cattivo.jpg
Other Good Optioins?
-Like the Black Slides, not sure if wife would allow it.

Front Head Lights
DIY Blacout (Very Unsure about doing it myself...!)
Or something like these? Anybody have something similar?
head2.jpg
head.jpg

Rear Lights
Open to suggestions, anyone have some good aftermarket ones?

Finally: Any other easy LOW Cost mods you might recommend

Help me make our ride DIFFERENT...!

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well out of those rim choices, I am going to have to go with the CK375 top ones. They have other OEM GM 22's that would look great too. Check out the escalade oem 22's/rep 24's with blank caps on ebay... PACE had those on his black Denali blacked out and it looked so good. On the headlights, I say black out/tint the amber reflector lens and put some HID's and call it a day. I've seen a few people do projectors but not to the point of 'DAMN THAT LOOKS GOOD, MUST DO!!!!'..... Projectors, unless done CORRECTLY (aka retro-fit into stock housing with the RIGHT projectors) will result in worse light output then stock and in the after market cheaply made projector housings. Also, some of the projector bulbs are known to shake while driving on the road (see light bouncing up and down... not fun).

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

tbraden32

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well out of those rim choices, I am going to have to go with the CK375 top ones. They have other OEM GM 22's that would look great too. Check out the escalade oem 22's/rep 24's with blank caps on ebay... PACE had those on his black Denali blacked out and it looked so good. On the headlights, I say black out/tint the amber reflector lens and put some HID's and call it a day. I've seen a few people do projectors but not to the point of 'DAMN THAT LOOKS GOOD, MUST DO!!!!'..... Projectors, unless done CORRECTLY (aka retro-fit into stock housing with the RIGHT projectors) will result in worse light output then stock and in the after market cheaply made projector housings. Also, some of the projector bulbs are known to shake while driving on the road (see light bouncing up and down... not fun).

I have been leaning towards those(*CK375) too, and the Boss with the black inserts. I am open to other suggestions on wheels, they do not have to be OEM wheels, but I can get a huge discount on the OEMs.

Not a fan of the Esky wheels, to many people have them :)

As for the tint, outside/inside, little more detail? I have never done really any mods before accept wheels.

Here is a sweet ride (he did the DIY blackout) Love the look...!
denali.jpg

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Welcome on Todd.
Of the wheel you posted I like the stock GMC ones better, but if you really want class you should buy my 26s pictured below. :D

Just kidding. I would rather do the DIY blackout mod than run those aftermarket Ebay ones, but if I had to choose b/w the two you posted I would choose the second set.

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been leaning towards those(*CK375) too, and the Boss with the black inserts. I am open to other suggestions on wheels, they do not have to be OEM wheels, but I can get a huge discount on the OEMs.

Not a fan of the Esky wheels, to many people have them :)

As for the tint, outside/inside, little more detail? I have never done really any mods before accept wheels.

Here is a sweet ride (he did the DIY blackout) Love the look...!
denali.jpg

If you are in Dallas for some reason, I think I got my Denali done for $250 all around with lifetime warranty on the tint...

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
stick with the OEM 22s and PLEASE do not put those headlights on. No offense, but they look like a Japanese Ricer car.

The Denali is a clean and classy ride, keep it that way.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oem 22's (8 spokes)...the headlights look like crap to me so I wouldn't choose any of those if it was me but that's just my 2 cents...

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

As for tails g4's are always cool or oem esky tails...

OP
OP
T

tbraden32

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Guess I'm not going for the head lights, thanks....saved me some money. Down to the OEMs and Boss 332...the Boss's are cheaper, but the OEM do look good.

As for the tail lights, anyone have some good pics with the G4s and Eskys?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
db1000pc