Our NEW '08 Yukon Denali : 3 Mods Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess I'm not going for the head lights, thanks....saved me some money. Down to the OEMs and Boss 332...the Boss's are cheaper, but the OEM do look good.

As for the tail lights, anyone have some good pics with the G4s and Eskys?

Cheaper is not better. The ride will be better and to GM's 'spec' if you get the GM OEM 22x9 rim's. To give it a meaner/wider stance you could go with 305's but the spec tire size is 285.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've heard some not so great thing about the quality of Boss rims....go OEM!

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Cheaper is not better. The ride will be better and to GM's 'spec' if you get the GM OEM 22x9 rim's. To give it a meaner/wider stance you could go with 305's but the spec tire size is 285.

Screw GM spec haha. But the oem is a way better choice than the Boss wheel. The Boss wheel will look stupidly small because it has a front lip unlike the GM wheel.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Down to the OEMs and Boss 332...the Boss's are cheaper, but the OEM do look good.

Actually if you're patient you can get good deals for oem packages on ebay ... I just got the CK375 package new, wheels/tires/tpms/lugs/caps, mounted and balanced for $2100 shipped. Such deals aren't always available but if you check every day you'll eventually find one. :waytogo:

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Screw GM spec haha. But the oem is a way better choice than the Boss wheel. The Boss wheel will look stupidly small because it has a front lip unlike the GM wheel.

When I say GM spec i'm referring to the 22x9 size that they use for their OEM 22's... I feel like the narrower width of the rim gives me a better ride quality and also much easier when turning the steering wheel... I don't know... it might just all be in my head :)

And yea I agree.. the lip on 22" or bigger wheels makes the wheel look smaller then it really is. Although your 26's still look HUGE with the lip on it :Handshake:

OP
OP
T

tbraden32

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Actually if you're patient you can get good deals for oem packages on ebay ... I just got the CK375 package new, wheels/tires/tpms/lugs/caps, mounted and balanced for $2100 shipped. Such deals aren't always available but if you check every day you'll eventually find one. :waytogo:

Do you like your wheels? What did you have before you got them? What kind of tires did you get with the package?

I can get the OEMs for $340 per wheel, but would need some tires. 305 or 285....BIG DIFFERENCE??

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you like your wheels? What did you have before you got them?

I had these Enkei 24x10 with 295/35/24 and 20mm offset which you can compare with the new ones in my sig:

picture.php

What kind of tires did you get with the package?

I have the oem recommended goodyears 285/45/22.

I can get the OEMs for $340 per wheel, but would need some tires. 305 or 285....BIG DIFFERENCE??

I honestly don't know what the difference in ride would be between the 285 and the 305 as I haven't had 305s on my 22s. I'm sure someone here has though so they'll chime in. :waytogo:

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you like your wheels? What did you have before you got them? What kind of tires did you get with the package?

305 is a wider tire then the 285 so it does look better IMO... all personal preference though. GM Spec for the oem 22 Tires are the 285
I had 305's on my 24's and liked the width a LOT. Whenever these Kumho 285's wear out I want to get some 305's -- either the Nitto 420's, Nitto Terra Grappler's, or maybe the Toyo Open Country A/T's... all those are sick looking 305's

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

tbraden32

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
305 is a wider tire then the 285 so it does look better IMO... all personal preference though. GM Spec for the oem 22 Tires are the 285
I had 305's on my 24's and liked the width a LOT. Whenever these Kumho 285's wear out I want to get some 305's -- either the Nitto 420's, Nitto Terra Grappler's, or maybe the Toyo Open Country A/T's... all those are sick looking 305's

Going to have to check them out, and see the difference between the 305/285. anyone have any head shots/side by side shots of the 305 vs the 285?

OP
OP
T

tbraden32

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

you have website or company you got them from? that is a deal...! or where they used?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigredobs