P0106 code after spark test? Please help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df_puffer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Pleas help. Frustrated with my 2003 Yukon Denali 6.0.

I had a slight engine miss for some time now and the weather broke so I decided to do a spark check on each wire coming out of each coil. checked all and found one wire that didn't have a very good spark so I changed that wire out and now sparks good like the rest. after each wire check the engine ran fine except for the last one. when I pulled the last plug wire to check it I also pulled the connector off the engine coolant temp sensor. didn't realize until I couldn't get engine to start to check the last wire. then noticed unplugged connector...plugged it back in and checked for spark and it was good. after attaching last plug wire I started truck up and it ran like crap and check engine lite came on :wtf:. disconnected battery and code came back.

Trip to autozone to pull code...p0106 Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Sensor. pulled the MAP sensor and back pinned the grey 5v wire w/ground key on and got a flash of random voltage and then went to 0 volts in 2 seconds. key off back pinned the red/ground with pos terminal and got a flash of random voltage to open (OL) in 2 seconds in a loop over and over.

I'm completely lost and frustrated. any1 have any ideas or am I testing wrong...computer check next for 5v?...how?

Thanks for reading.

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

woops...didn't realize my meter was on AC scale....big dummy. got 5v and 12v at sensor gonna try to do a vac test next if I can find the tool or come up with something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus