P050D Rough Idle Cold Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GM_Josho

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all! I have a 2015 Yukon XL 5.3. I purchased the vehicle about a year ago. It had an existing code - P050D. I changed the plugs and wires and cleared the code. Fast forward to a few months ago and the code comes back, accompanied by a strong fuel smell during cold starts. There's no other trouble codes and the smell of fuel goes away after its warmed up. What's the likelihood that I'm experiencing injector failure? Ill be leaving on a 14 hour drive in a month and would love to have this sorted out by then!

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey all! I have a 2015 Yukon XL 5.3. I purchased the vehicle about a year ago. It had an existing code - P050D. I changed the plugs and wires and cleared the code. Fast forward to a few months ago and the code comes back, accompanied by a strong fuel smell during cold starts. There's no other trouble codes and the smell of fuel goes away after its warmed up. What's the likelihood that I'm experiencing injector failure? Ill be leaving on a 14 hour drive in a month and would love to have this sorted out by then!
How many miles on it? Where in the country is it located? Fuel injectors are probably the most common issue for this code, but the strong fuel smell could also be caused by a fuel line leak or rust-through of the fuel pump plate on top of the tank - both fairly common issues for trucks that live in the rust belt.

OP
OP
G

GM_Josho

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
155,000 miles. I live in NW Florida. No rust issues. I only smell fuel during cold starts, while is warming up. A few minutes later, the smell is gone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GourmetRealtor