PAC vs. Metra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gfunkfb09

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the module only keep the door chimes, or does it still allow the stock bose amp to work correctly? I am looking to upgrade my radio too. Is this the only harness I need? Right now I have a 2004 yukon xl with no onstar, but I have bose. Thanks.

Tahoe03mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got the gmos-04 and wired it up and double checked everything. First not getting any sound through the bose speakers, second the stereo stays on all the time and also goes on and off. Is this a pos module or am I overlooking something. I followed the instructions to a tee.
Beginning to wonder if I should screw it and do all new speakers but i don't really want to rewire the whole car ATM and these speakers sound ok. If also like to keep the chimes and onstar

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Micah the Metra adapter is a pretty ****** one so that could be the issue.

Tahoe03mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FML lol I am too lazy to want to rewire the whole car. Maybe I'll try the PAC one instead

Reaction score
Does the module only keep the door chimes, or does it still allow the stock bose amp to work correctly? I am looking to upgrade my radio too. Is this the only harness I need? Right now I have a 2004 yukon xl with no onstar, but I have bose. Thanks.

To answer your question, yes.

Tahoe03mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i've been reading about both interfaces and sounds like neither pac or metra are all that great if you're trying to re-use factory bose, you think they would've came up with something better by now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member